Hi, this may not help you because I do not have the exact error you described. But here is some text from the MS website:The installation of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service
Pack 1 (SP1) fails with error 1935 or with error 78F. This failure occurs when
the Windows Installer encounters a reference either to a drive that no longer
exists or to a removable media device that contains no readable media. For
example, this failure may occur when the Windows Installer encounters a
reference to an empty DVD drive or to an empty CD drive. The issue is not
caused by the update design of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1
issue is resolved by update 946691 for the 2007 Office system.
Update 946691 is provided to resolve the problem that you may
experience when you install the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service
Pack 1. You must install update 946691 on you computer before you
install 2007 Microsoft Office suite SP1.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office2007-kb946691-fullfile-x86-glb.exe package now.
So, here is what they say to do:
Remove the 2007 Office suite
- Exit all programs.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
Note In Windows Vista, click Uninstall a Program or Programs and Features.
- In the Programs list, click Microsoft Office Edition 2007, and then click Remove. In this item, Edition is a placeholder for the edition of Office that you installed.
Note In Windows Vista, click Uninstall.
- Click Yes when you receive the following message:
Are you sure you want to remove Microsoft Office Edition 2007?
- When the removal operation is complete, click Close.
Reinstall the 2007 Office suite
- Insert a 2007 Office installation CD into the drive.
If your version of the 2007 Office suite is a preinstalled version, the
installation CD is packaged in the white box that was included with
Collapse this imageExpand this image If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation in the User Account Control dialog box, click OK, or click Continue.
- Enter the product key.
Note If your version of the 2007 Office suite is a preinstalled version, the product key is located on the back of the CD case.
- Read the Microsoft Software License Terms, click to select the I accept the terms of this agreement check box, and then click Next.
- Select the type of installation that you want, and then start the installation process.
- When the installation process is complete, click Finish.