Question about Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Wireless Keypad Model 976LM Security+
I replaced 53000SRT Sears opener with 315MHz Security+ unit. I cannot get my car Homelink transmitter to program from the new transmitter nor can I get any old SRT transmitters to program the new receiver.
Press and hold the homelink button and wait till the red light flashes slowly,but don't release it. Now hold a working remote 3 inches away,press the remote button and hold it.When the red Homelink buttom fllashes quickly, release both buttons. Now go to the opener and push the learn button. Now go back to your car and press and hold the Homelink button. You will see the lights on your opener flash. Now your Homelink button should operate your garage door.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
The old transmitters are 390 mhz and will not program. I need more info on what you are doing to solve the homelink problem. Your vehicle's owners manual should show how to program. Then press learn button and within 20 sec press and hold homelink button that you programmed.
Posted on Jan 30, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
The instructions in the owner's manual are correct, but after following them, my garage door installer and I discovered a few quirks and fixes for them.
It is important to park the Touareg in front of the garage door. Be careful not to park underneath it.
If your remote garage door transmitters are already programmed to your door opener, you need to do the following steps:
1. On the garage door opener itself, there is a learn button. Press and hold down the learn button until the learn indicator light goes out (approx. 6 seconds). (The learn button is near the antenna on your door opener.) By doing this, you have just reset the codes. At this point your remote door transmitters will most likely not work. This is o.k.
2. In the Touareg, press and hold whichever homelink button you want to program until the light above the homelink buttons slowly blinks. Continue to hold the button in and at the same time, hold your remote transmitter underneath the map lights and press the button. Continue to press both buttons until the homelink light rapidly flashes. Let go of both buttons.
3. You now have 30 seconds to press the learn button on your garage door opener. Press it once. The light will start to blink.
4. Go back to the Touareg, press and hold the homelink button you just programmed for 3 seconds until you get a blinking light. Repeat again. This time, it should open or close the door. The homelink button is now programmed.
5. Now that the homelink button is programmed, you now have to re-program your remote transmitters. Take the transmitters with you.
6. On the garage door opener, press the learn button, the light will blink. Now press the button on the remote transmitter. The light should stop blinking. Repeat the step if you have more than one transmitter. You should be all set. The homelink button should work in the Touareg and your remote transmitter(s) should also work.
In summary, the rolling codes in the door opener receiver have to be reset. For some reason, the Touareg has to be programmed FIRST. Then the remote transmitter units. If the remote transmitter units are already programmed, you will most likely not be able to program the homelink in the Touareg for a rolling code door opener.
Mar 14, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 25, 2011 | liftmaster 371 Remote Transmitter
Dec 19, 2010 | GMC Yukon XL Cars & Trucks
Dec 16, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Nov 22, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Nov 20, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Sep 13, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 16, 2009 | 2005 Lexus RX330
Feb 03, 2009 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
Apr 18, 2016 | Sears Craftsman LiftMaster Chamberlain...
1,335 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!