Question about GE Microwave Ovens
Every once in awhile, when I push the start button on my microwave, it makes a loud pop, or snap sound. It sounds like an electrical short. It's loud enough to get the attention of everyone in the room (my poor nanny usually cries). This will occur once about every 20 to 30 times I use the microwave. This is the only symptom. I never smell any smoke, never see any external flashes or smoke, and the food always cooks normally.
Clean well the inside of the oven, if you keep having the problem and the inside is clean, then the magnetron is starting to go.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2015 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens
Mar 04, 2012 | Sharp R-1871 Convection Microwave Oven
Feb 04, 2011 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven
Sep 08, 2009 | Dacor DMO24SS Microwave Oven
Jun 14, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7130XE Microwave Oven
May 12, 2009 | Dacor DMT2420SS Microwave Oven
604 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!