Question about Audio Players & Recorders
When setting up receivers or amplifiers,
Following will help to determin or correct the Problem.
1) Do not plug any sources into the unit but power cord. Then wait for 0~5 second while an ear on top of the unit. See whether the clicking Sound can be heard. ** This will tell whether the actual unit has problem or not in Power Supply or in Power Amp Circuit. If it clicks, then The Amp/Receiver is partially OK. In other word, the problem may be something else. If No Clicking Sound, then Definitely there is Problem. Meaning The unit must be serviced by Professionals. ***NOTE: This applies to Modern Receivers or Amplifiers (I would say, the units manufactured after 1980.). Vintage Units may not Apply.
2) Make Sure Speaker Selector Switch for "A" is on.
3) If Above is met (if Clicks), By visual inspection, See if the Tape Switch (Source Select) or Tape Monitor Switch is on or not (Usually Tape 1 or 2 indicator lights). This switch mu be off!! or set to tuner.
4) Many of the receivers or Amplifiers has a Loop called "Main In/Pre Out" at the back of the unit. There must be horse shoes type pins in them. Otherwise it will not Sound. (Some units has a On/Off Switch near by those jacks and have to be on position).
5) Some Units has so called "External Processor Loop" similar to #4 above and the Switch is on the Face fanel usually. (Must be Off Position)
After the Steps #1~#5, if Everthing is Corrected, then the tuner should Sound (Unless there is proble with tuner).
Now Plug in one Source at a time.
****NOTE: When plug in Tape Deck, Make sure to plug in properly. Out of Tape Deck to Play of Receiver, In of Tape Deck to REC of Receiver. Otherwise (if Reversed), the Sound will be muted or No Sound Will Occure.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2017 | Sony Televison & Video
Oct 25, 2016 | Measuring Tools & Sensors
Dec 27, 2013 | Sangean WR-2 AM/FM Radio
Nov 26, 2011 | Vizio VO47L 47 in. LCD TV
Mar 31, 2011 | Sennheiser MD421-II Professional...
Jul 09, 2010 | Televison & Video
Feb 07, 2009 | JVC RX-5020VBK Receiver
Jan 09, 2009 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3i Cellular Phone
Jun 27, 2017 | Fostex Audio Players & Recorders
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!