- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Thank you for posting to Fixya.com and it is my pleasure to guide you.
"unlock code" You can not just copy "source files from "my dad's old desktop onto this computer" and expect it to work! Computers and software do not work that way. A lot of software engineers have written their code so that they will know when their software has been installed and to how many pcs. I ran into that problem when I had a hard drive crash on me and I had to reintall all my software including widows. You have to completely re-install the software on the next pc and then enter the "unlock code".
I did some research and found the following, which will be information for you. This is common sense for all software. I do not normally go to this extent but this makes a lot of sense.
QUOTE How to Unlock the Code for Fate
In order to play the full version of the game, you must input an unlock code to verify that you have purchased the game. This is to prevent piracy of the game. You must purchase the game to unlock the code and play the game.
1. Purchase the Fate game legally. You can either purchase it from any electronics store that sells video games or online through the Wild Tangent or Fate websites. Avoid buying a used version of the game, as the unlock code cannot be used again.
2. Get the unlock code. If you purchased the game in a store, the unlock code will be inside the package on the game manual. If you purchased the game online, you will be given an unlock code when you install the game.
3. Install the game and input the unlock code when prompted. Make sure you enter the code exactly as it appears. You will then have access to the full Fate game. UNQUOTE
Good luck and please post back that you are successful and give thumbs up if my solution has worked for you. If I can be more helpful just reply.
I believe you have to contact the company that licensed those games to HP, they are most likely the shareware versions and you will need to pay the game company for an unlock code to turn them into full versions.