Question about Home

1 Answer


Most all of the paint is gone from the brass drain stopper and the brass ring around it. What kind of paint will adhear? Epoxy for porcelin? Sherwin Williams store has it in gallons. That seems like a bit too much paint for the two inch surface I need to cover.

Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Posted by on

  • David Sanderson Feb 02, 2009

    White coating is chipped off the brass surface of the stopper and is totally gone from the "ring" surrounding it in the sink.


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 19 Answers

You need to remove the brass ring from the tub and buy acan of spray paint for metal you will be able to find it in a brass finish

Posted on Feb 02, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Drain stopper is stuck

try turning the top of stopper with fingers. They are generally " locked in with a twist" and can be unlocked the same way. good luck!

Dec 24, 2013 | Franke Home


Backed Up Kitchen Double Sink Fix with Garbage Disposal- Quick and Simple Fix

Here's how to fix a backed-up double sink (running water down one side/sink causing dirty water to well up out of the drain on the other side, with slow or no emptying). Note that this quick-and-easy tip only works if you have a functioning garbage disposal.

What you will need: a stopper, and possibly a clean toilet plunger (the cup-shaped kind that stands on its own, not the kind that is bulb-shaped)

Stopper up the side in which the water is rising up out of the drain. Make sure you hold down the stopper as well; if you don't, the stopper will shoot up on a geyser of dirty water when you perform the next step. Once you have the stopper in place and are holding it down, run water on the other side/sink and turn on the garbage disposal. Once you have done that for a reasonable amount of time, shut off the garbage disposal and water, and unstopper* the other side. Run water on both sides to make sure everything is draining properly. Doing this should save you the hassle of taking the pipes apart or plunging one side repeatedly to clear the clog.

*Note: If the stopper is stuck, place the plunger so it completely covers the opening the stopper is stuck in and give it two good plunges. The plunger should create a vacuum that will suck out the stopper, and is more effective than you trying to pry or pull on it. Do this ONLY after you have shut off the garbage disposal and water.

What is happening is that there is a clog in your pipes. When water goes down one side, it hits the clog somewhere in the pipes, has nowhere to go, and gets pushed back up the pipe leading to the other side of the double sink. By stopping up the side without the garbage disposal, you are creating a barrier preventing the water from coming back up. At the same time, the garbage disposal running on the other side is forcing the water down. Since the water now cannot escape up the stoppered side, it has nowhere to go but down, forcing the clog out with it.

on Jun 28, 2014 | Home

1 Answer

How to remove the cartridge from a monda sink mixer tap?

first shut off the water under the sink:) next put the stoppers in the sink so you dont drop anything in the drain:) then examine the handle closely and you will find a plastic/rubber "knob" like a wood dowel which is hiding the bolt we need to access to remove the handle. carefully remove it (it may be gone already depending on how old your faucet is and it will be pretty small) most likely you will need an "allan" key to remove it. now there is just the threaded ring which holds the cartridge in place. now its possible that grohe makes a tool designed to remove this ring. i am actually not familiar w/this model but you do not need it. you can use a pair of channel locks w/a dish towel and a lite touch to loosen the ring (ritey titey lefty loosey:) now the cartridge should come rite out but it may take a little coercion. just let me know if you need anything else and good luck:)

Jul 27, 2011 | Grohe 32 999 KD0 Alira Pull-Out Spray...

1 Answer

Very slow drainage of a small bathroom sink. Liquid Plumber does not help

probably hair stuck in the drain. did you remove the stopper "pop up" if no hair or blockage there or in the trap, then its further down, you will need a small snake. 1/4 inch cable works well in bath and kitchen drains.
you can purchase one at home depot.

Aug 05, 2010 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

My one piece original porcelain sink and counter has an uneven hole where the stopper is to go; the new faucet I am installing will not sit evenly and leaks! HELP - how can I even out the sink or get the...

If it is truly a porcelin top then you can use a product called plumbers putty available at your local hardware store. It will conform to the shape of the drain and provide a good seal. If this is a cast marble or resin type of product then plumbers putty will void any warranty and possibly discolor the sink. Ensure it is indeed porcelin before continuing and follow the manufacturers directions for installation. Good luck with your project.

Jul 13, 2010 | American Standard Home

1 Answer

The bathroom drain stopper will not stay closed.

there is a small compression nut on the drain, it needs to be tightened slightly. look under the sink when you pull the lever up close the stopper, you will see where it connects to the drain. tighten that nut slightly.
do not over tighten or you won't be able to move the stopper at all, you just need enough pressure to hold the weight of the lifting rod and stopper in place.

May 12, 2010 | Home

1 Answer

Stopper has dislodged.

Hello. It is probably not broken. In order to fix it, you must go under the sink and above the trap. You will see where the lever for the stopper is attached and can be adjusted. If necessary look under another working sink with a similar set up. Joe

Apr 15, 2010 | Kohler Caxton Undercounter Lavatory Sink...

1 Answer


Standard rings can be bought at your local hardware store. It will be easiest to replace the whole stopper assembly instead of trying to match the ring to an existing stopper. You will need some plumbers putty and a pipe wrench.

Feb 11, 2010 | Pegasus Technologies Pegasus Pegasus...

1 Answer

Stopper came out Pegasus bathroom sink

Pegasus make several models but I'll make an assumption that it has a pop-up plug actuated by a rod just behind the tap head.

If correct....

Under the sink in the cabinet you will see the rod comes down and connects to an adjustment fitting and into the main drain line from the sink. There will be a fitting on the drain line holding the connection. Inside is a metal ball and connecting rod that links to your plug.

Remove the fitting.
Slide the ball and rod partially out.
Put your plug back in.
Engage the rod again (you will need to fiddle a bit here).
Tighten the fitting.
Run water to ensure the fitting is tight and not leaking.

Should be good to go.

Please rate this answer if it gives you some direction.

Dec 22, 2009 | Pegasus Technologies Home

1 Answer

Our bathroom pedestal sink is very slow drain and clogging -2 questiions: do you have to disassemble and take off sink mounts and remove from wall to get to elbow joint? I do not know how to disengage...

You shouldn't have to disassemble everything in order to get to the trap (elbow joint). Most pedestal sinks are designed so that you can get to the trap from the back (generally after getting down on your hands and knees and crawling around with a flashlight). Most sink stoppers that are worked from the faucet itself have a little bar that extends down the back of the sink behind the drain. It will clip with a little metal piece to a lever that sticks out the back of the drain before the trap. The lever goes through a hole in the drain and pokes into a hole in the bottom of your sink stopper. As you move the lever, you will notice that your stopper goes up and down.

Unclip the rod from the lever and you should be able to unscrew the lever from the back of the drain (don't loose the little gasket that sits inside the screw-cap as it keeps water from leaking out here). At this point, you can pull out the stopper and see what is going on. If cleaning off the stuff attached to your stopper doesn't solve the problem, you can then remove the trap to see if anything is clogging that. Hopefully, by this point, your sink clog has been identified and you just need to reassemble, making sure when you put your stopper lever back in that you actually get it into the appropriate hole in the stopper itself.

If this doesn't solve your problem, it's more serious and you probably want to call a plumber as the issue is either a clog farther along or a problem with the venting of the sink drain.

Aug 30, 2009 | Home

Not finding what you are looking for?
Home Logo

Related Topics:

1,387 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Home Experts

Donni Steen

Level 3 Expert

645 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

7409 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

13822 Answers

Are you a Home Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides