An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: where do I put the water.
1. Release the handle and lay the machine handle back to access the tank. 2. Remove the tank from the base of the machine by lifting the tank carry handle. 3. Carry like a bucket to the sink. Rotate the handle forward to unlatch the lid. Lift off and set the lid aside. 4. Fill up the bladder with clean hot tap water. *Do not boil or microwave water as it can destroy the bladder. 5. Replace the top of the tank by matching the lid and tank edges. Handle must be in the forward position in order to replace lid. Rotate Note: Remember to secure the lid and test to make sure it is secure before picking up the Tank. 6. Place tank into machine base, seating firmly in place. Rotate tank handle back into latched position. Bring machine handle back into upright position.
You can download the manual from the Bissell website www.bissell.com
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same problem with my Bissell carpet cleaner. I tried all the recommendations but nothing worked. After reading all the blogs, I discovered that many people had the same problem. Fortunately, I still had the receipt from Costco which they honored and gave me a full refund. I was ready to throw it in the trash.
I did have a solution in just a few minutes. Someone responded with a solution that gave me the website where I could go and print the manual in pdf, so did that, and checking instructions I was able to clean my carpets and get the shampooer back to my sister later the same day. I really appreciated your site and help I got for my problem. I found it on google. Thanks again!
Had the same problem only after 2 uses, called the 1 800# said that soap may have "gummed" up the line did everything they said but didn't work. Would cost more in service repair if I could find a authorized dealer to fix than I paid for the machine. Would not recommend this machine to anyone.
Few things: Make sure the sponge and the valve under the sponge (water tank) is clean. Make sure you follow the instructions (f you do not have the manual you can find one HERE) See if the straw inside the water tank is not clogged (happens when you use toilet tissue or some other paper to dry inside of the tank after you shampoo)
Noise - if it is noisy al the time - it may need new shampooer brush roll. Also check the tray - bar brush roll bearings overheat and melt the tray... Never submerse brush roll in water when cleaning it. Clean it simply by lifting the shampooer nozzle and letting it spin for 10-20 seconds. If you have tu put it under running water - put it back in the shampooer nozzle (with tray and shield) put on Kirby and turn it on for 20 seconds or so. If it stays soaken wet - moisture damages barings.
You have the vacuum and the basin, you put them together just like when you vacuum but don't put water in the basin. There is a large white container that comes with the shampooer. you fill that up with water and then you place the vacuum cleaner and the basin on top of that. Now you will need the water hose (not the one that has the gas pump hadle). Hook that in the same spot that you do for vacuuming. Then you take the shampooing handle( it will have a trigger and a little white bottle and some tubes hooked to it) the one end of it hooks to the water hose and the other end hooks to the wands. There are 2 wands that come with your shampooer. At the end of those the shampooer head will be attached. There are two separate tubes there is a thick tube ( there two tubes fused together) and a thin tube, they hook to the large white container that you fill with water. Just look and you will see where they go. Then there is a tube that hooks to the shampooer head at the bottom. The you take the little bottle and fill it with your shampoo. You should have gotten some clips to hool onto your hose so that you can keep the tubes attached to it so they aren't in the way. You should be set. I hope I helped.
1. Raise the vacuum head all of the way up.
2. Remove the vacuum head by removing the belt and releasing it.
3. Place the shampooer head on the vacuum by securing the clamp and them put the belt on
4. Take the bag off of the vacuum by twisting at the base just slightly outward and lifting upwards and unclamp it from the handle
5. Put water and cleaner into the water resevoir.
6. Put the reservoir on to the kirby where the bag was by holding it parallel to the vacuum then using both hands, twist it outward slowly until it goes down onto the unit then twist back to parallel position.
7. Put the coil looking piece on the shampooer head on top where the hole is...it will only fit one way successfully.
8. Put the other end on the under side of the water reservoir.
9. Lower the shampooer head all of the way down on the carpet just like you would the vacuum head
10. Turn on the vacuum and reach down and turn the knob at the top of the reservoir, this will begin putting cleaner (tons of foam) onto the carpet. Just work in 3' x 3' sections, turning off the foam intermitently until you are finished.
I hope this helps.