Question about RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
I just switched from a blackberry Pearl to a Curve. When trying to set up my bluetooth options I have found that the Curve can't find my bluetooth headset to pair with it, and although the Curve has paired with the Pearl and my Husband's Samsung phone, I can send items via the bluetooth, but the Curve will not receive items via the bluetooth from either of the phones. I have been over and over the options allowing the Curve to "Trust" the other phones and allowing the Curve to be detectable. What am I missing? Or is there a problem with this feature on my new phone?
Try the following. Hope this helps.
1. Go into "Media" on your BlackBerry and enable incoming files (Menu-->Receive using bluetooth).
2. Find the file on your friend's device that you wish to send, and beam the said file accordingly.
2a. If you have not "paired" (created a friendship between) the two devices before, you will need to do this first...
2b. One of the devices will ask for a PIN code first and on this device you need to create a four-digit, numeric password that can be anything you like.
2c. On the second device, enter the four-digit, numeric password you created and follow the simple, on-screen prompts on both devices to complete the pairing (you can also pair the devices in advance by going into Menu-->Set Up Bluetooth).
2d. Depending on the devices being used and the time taken to complete the pairing, you may need to re-send the file (go back to step 1), otherwise, continue below...
3. When your friend's device tries to send you the file, your BlackBerry should ask you to name the file and where to save it; if you have not set the device as "trusted" in the bluetooth settings (Options-->Bluetooth-->your friend's device), you may need to approve the file transfer first though.
4. The file should now be on your device.
Note: by default, all
* Pictures are saved into /Device Memory/home/user/pictures or /Media Card/BlackBerry/pictures if you have a memory card.
* Sounds (including songs) are saved into /Device Memory/home/user/ringtones/ or /Media Card/BlackBerry/ringtones/ if you have a memory card.
* Videos are saved /Device Memory/home/user/videos or /Media Card/BlackBerry/videos if you have a memory card.
In other words, unless you specify somewhere else in step 3, this is where you will find your file.
And remember, your incoming file transfer WILL NOT WORK UNLESS YOU FIRST "PAIR" (CREATE A FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN) THE DEVICES, go into Media and CLICK MENU-->RECEIVE USING BLUETOOTH!!!
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
I bought a used Blackberry Curve 8900 recently and have tried to pair it with my BT112 Bluetooth Headset without success. The BT112 has successfully paired up with my Blackberry Pearl and my Blackberry Tour in the recent past, so I know that it is working properly. The Curve can't detect the BT112 and the pairing signal from the BT112 does not seem to connect to the Curve. The Bluetooth is enabled on my Curve. What do I need to do now?
Posted on Apr 18, 2011
It works for me thanks!
Posted on May 24, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8120 Cellular Phone
Feb 05, 2011 | Nokia BH-503 Bluetooth Headset
Jul 03, 2010 | Blueant Z9i Bluetooth Headset
Nov 10, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry? Tour 9630 Smartphone
Jul 23, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Smartphone
Jun 20, 2009 | Jabra BT350 Bluetooth Headset Headset
Jun 12, 2009 | Motorola Mobility H300 Wireless Headset
Dec 15, 2008 | Motorola Mobility HS850 Consumer Headset
Aug 09, 2008 | Motorola Mobility H700 Wireless Headset
Nov 08, 2007 | Motorola Mobility H500 Wireless Headset
5,515 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: