Elect Ign not sparking, but get gas, other appliance working.
All 4 burners usually spark when turn 1 on, but now none spark. Looks like Maytag 30 inch wide CSG7000 Gas stove top. Elect plug is in all the way, and was working fine 5 minutes before. I can still light them with a match. Any idea?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn off gas. Remove the cartridge and remove back cover. Clean the ignition spark area. Re-install the cartridge without the back cover. Try to ignite the spark. If the spark works. The spark wire is too close to the back cover. Use an electrical tape to insulate the wire from the back cover. Other swap the two spark to see if you have a faulty spark.
hi friend, There are a few things to check for. Make sure the electrode ( the small metal piece that the spark comes off from ) is clean and the holes in the burner are clean, use a pin or paper clip to clean out the burner holes and NOT a tooth pick as these can break off and make things worse. Example of a burner. The next thing to check for are the ignition switches under the surface control knobs, the switches can twist and break and keep the spark module on and the spark keeps "clicking" even when the burner is light. If every thing looks good, you may have a bad spark module, replace it. Sometimes cleaning can get moisture into the surface switches, try drying them with an hair dryer to see of this will help.
it sounds like it is the spark module that's making the clicking noise. normally there are 4-6 wires that connect to it , and if you are not comfortable making the repair yourself then I would call an appliance repair company.The part should cost 30-50 $ Good luck
hope this helps u
please rate me.......................
thank u for using fixya
one of your electronic ignition switches is bad and burnt closed telling your spark module to spark
call applaince parts pro
tell them u need part number
AP4101545 ignitor switch
they sit below the top under neaqth the selctors
you will have to go one by one
but the wires push in and pull out
The module might not sense the flame: check electrical connections: wire (and its contacts0 and conections by fryer chasis; to be sure please bond with 18AWG wire pilot burner with spark module green wire.
the sparking is one of the switches under the knobs shorted you may be able to open the top and take a switch off 1 at a time and you can figure out what one is shorted.or you can just change all of them. to stop this you may be able to just unplug the cooktop from under the top.if you unplug the cooktop you should be able to light the burners with a match.
Sounds like water got into one of the switches. This usually happens when you wash the knobs. Water stays in the holes and runs down the shaft when replaced. Maytag has issued a recall on some stoves because this can be a fire hazard. UNPLUG THE COOKTOP UNTIL THIS IS FIXED!!!!!!!!! This has happened to me with a whirlpool unit and it tripped a breaker and shot sparks across the kitchen. First go to Maytags web site and see if yours has a recall. If so Maytag will fix it free. While you are waiting leave stove unplugged and light with a match. If you need to fix this yourself disconnect the wires from the two switches this should stop the sparking. Connect one switch at a time and see which switch is bad. Most of the time the electric part of the gas valve can be replaced seperately. and you can do this yourself. If you must actually disconnect a gas pipe unless you really know what you are doing call for service.