An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Cannot adjust picture
There should be a screen mode button on your remote. Full, Wide, Zoom, and Etc. Sounds like your putting a 4:3 video into your 16:9 screen. Which causes the normal "box" video to be stretched to the wide "rectangle" video. Just keep the screen mode on Full or Normal. You should have empty spaces on the sides of the video and when a HD program comes on, the sides should fill in automatically.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
CHANGING THE SCREEN ASPECT RATIO: ( From Manual )
The TV can display images in four different modes: Wide, Zoom, Panoramic, and Normal. Each mode displays the picture differently. To change the screen aspect ratio:
1. Press the MENU button on the remote.
2. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the Wide icon. Press OK.
3. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight your desired screen mode and press OK:
• Normal preserves the content's original aspect ratio. Since the 4:3 aspect ratio is not large enough to fill the TV's screen, black bars are added to the left and right of the display image.
• Wide stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio picture to the edges of the screen. Since the picture is being stretched, the display image may appear distorted. If the program is already formatted for widescreen viewing (1.85:1 or 2.35:1), then black bars will appear on the top and bottom of the display image.
• Zoom expands images with black bars to fit the screen.
• Panoramic expands the display image to fill the screen.
images may appear wider than intended.
If you are watching widescreen (1.85:1 or 2.35:1) content, black bars will still appear on the top and bottom of the display image. This option is only available when the TV is displaying a 480i/480p source.
Go to the picture menu and select a different aspect ratio. Auto sizing is useful as the TV will detect the picture size and select the correct aspect ratio, except for letterbox and super wide screen of course as your screen is not the right shape for those. Hope this helps.
Sounds like you may have the aspect ratio setting wrong,look for a button labeled aspect,ratio,wide any of these on your remote then press multiple times until you get the picture formatted the way you like it.If you have a satellite receiver or a digital cable box they also contain an aspect ratio adjustment in their menu system so you may need to check there also. Good luck !
Press the RATIO button repeatedly to select the desired picture format. You can also adjust Aspect Ratio in the OPTION menu.
Set By Program. Selects the proper picture proportion to match the source’s image. (4:3 → 4:3, 16:9 → 16:9)
4:3. Choose 4:3 when you want to view a picture with an original 4:3 aspect ratio, with gray bars appearing at both the left and right sides.
16:9. Choose 16:9 when you want to adjust the picture horizontally, in a linear proportion to fill the entire screen.
Horizon. Choose Horizon when you want to adjust the picture in a non-linear proportion, that is, more enlarged at both sides, to create a panorama view.
Zoom 1. Choose Zoom 1 when you want to view the picture without any alteration. However, the top and bottom portions of the picture will be cropped.
Zoom 2. Choose Zoom 2 when you want the picture to be altered, both horizontally extended and vertically cropped. The picture taking a halfway trade off between alteration and screen coverage.
Cinema Zoom. Choose Cinema Zoom when you want to enlarge the picture in correct proportion. Note: When enlarging or reducing the picture, the image may become distorted. You can adjust the enlarge proportion of Cinema Zoom using D / E button. The adjustment range is 1~16.
First set your tv to 16:9 aspect ratio. Then go to the source ie: Cable Box or Sat Box. Then go into the User Menu and find the Set Up or HD settings or picture settings. You need to set the Box to the "Stretch" setting. Right now your source box is set ot 4:3 aspect ratio.. If you have difficulty in changing the aspect ratio on the source box, call the Cable or Sat co. They can help you.