- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To un-register the SB67108 handset from a base unit, SB67118 or SB67138, you will need to do these steps in order:
1. Press menu
2. Key in this sequence *883247#
3. Select deregister
4. Unplug the battery for minimum 10 seconds
5. Plug battery back in and it will want to be registered.
6. Follow the directions in your base unit manual to reregister it.
That's it in a nut shell.
You can't pick it up on another unit unless it is transferred from the original phone. I HATE that about this system. I have a question - we are trying to use a second base unit and are having a terrible time getting it to work right. Is it possible to use more than one base unit?
If your base is a VT2651:
1) take phone off of the base's cradle.
2) enter **335782 on the keypad
3) phone beeps
4) remove all batteries from handsets.
5) reinstall battery in 1st handset, and enter the code number for the base unit (sticker on bottom of base). First handset will be set to phone 1
6) repeat step 5 for all other handsets.
If your base is a VT2656, there is no keypad on the base. I don't know the trick to reregister the handsets. I wish I did, since that is the problem I am having.
Quickly, return this Phone is you still have a chance, my small business used this phone for EXACLY 2 years, and now all lines are DEAD, NOT A SINGLE ONE WORKING. LINE ONE AND THREE HAVE NO DIAL TONE EXCEPT EXTREMELY LOUD STATICS. AND LINE 2 AND 4 ARE TOTALLY MUTED.
A lot of my customers are complaining about not being able to reach me in my office.
It seem that the base is either bad or there is no power supplied to the base from the power adapter. Check and see if the charging light is coming on if it is then you have to replace the base unit and re register the handsets to it. If it is not then most likely the power adaptor is bad. It is difficult to check the adaptor with out a meter but if you know of a way you can try it. If the adaptor is good and there is no charging light on the base then the base definitely is bad. Good luck