How to upload products
How to upload products -
While listing products on Amazon is a great way to sell your products and expose them to millions of customers, adding multiple items to your merchant account can be a time-consuming process. Instead of adding products one-by-one, sellers with Pro Merchant Subscription accounts can use Amazon's tools to upload product details in bulk.
1. Download Amazon's pre-built inventory file template from Amazon.com that fits your product category. This template is a Microsoft Excel file. You can use free programs such as Apache OpenOffice Calc and LibreOffice Calc to open and edit the file if you do not own Excel.
2. Open the template in a spreadsheet program. Each template has detailed instructions specific to your product category at the top of the document. Carefully read the instructions before entering your product details so you do not make any mistakes.
3. Print the "Data Definitions" tab in the spreadsheet. This worksheet includes important details on the acceptable values and formats you can enter into the template. Keep it handy as a reference when filling out the template.
4. Add your inventory items to the template. Pay close attention to template columns to make sure you enter product details in the correct cell. Enter details such as SKU, product ID, title, brand, manufacturer, description and more. You can also add bullet points to expand on the description of your item in the cells labeled "BulletPoint1," "BulletPoint2," "BulletPoint3" and so on.
5. Save the file in the .xls format when you are finished entering product details. In Excel, OpenOffice Calc and LibreOffice Calc, select "File" from the program menu, then click "Save As."
6. Save the file again as a tab-delimited .txt file, per Amazon's instructions. This is the file format needed for uploading on Amazon.com. If a dialog pops up that says the file format does not support files containing multiple worksheets or something similar, click "OK." If another warning says the document contains features incompatible with the file format, click "Yes."
7. Log in to your Amazon seller account. Click "Upload multiple items," then select the template type for the file you want to upload. To completely replace all of the items in your inventory, select "Purge and Replace."
8. Click "Select File Upload," then "Browse." Locate your product file on your computer using the dialog box, select it, then click "Upload Now." After you upload the document, the page shows the status of the upload. Refresh the page to see the upload progress. Files over 5MB may take several hours to process.
Aug 05, 2014 |