Question about Canon imagePROGRAF W6200 InkJet Printer
I have a print head error message and the printer says please turn off power . i have added new head with no result also booted up with no head in and still no change . i have noticed when it starts up the ink in the pipes do are not full and look as if they are not being pumped ,ive checked the motor and this still works any ideas cheers in advance
To get rid of the error message.Turn the printer Off.Hold down the paper source button & the online button at the same time & hit the power button once.Continue to hold down the paper source and online buttons until you see the printer name " Canon W6200" on the printers LCD display and then release the two buttons.The printer will intialize & enter service mode. At this time I unplugged the printer for five seconds & then plug it back in. I then opened the front cover & removed the old Print head & closed all head latches and the front cover. Hit the power button to turn your printer on & the printhead carriage will move to the right & install print head will be shown on the LCD screen.Open the front cover and install the new printhead,close all latches & the front cover. The printhead carriage should move to the right & begin to prime the lines and the new head with ink.This may take several minutes.You printer should work after the priming is done!
Posted on May 06, 2008
Did you ever find a solution to this problem....it seems like the EXACT same problem I have with this same printer......PLEASE HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!
Posted on Nov 03, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
CAUTIONSee Also Cause 3. Is the ink tank properly installed? Summary If the ink tank is not properly installed, it interferes with the operation of the print head.
When removing the jammed paper or foreign material, take extra care so that you do not touch the inner parts. Or, it may cause another printing problem.
CAUTIONCanon PIXMA MX922
Always remember "Do not touch the Print Head Holder while it is moving."
Wait until the Print Head Holder automatically stops.
Do not even attempt to stop/move the Print Head Holder by holding it.
Apr 10, 2017 | Canon Pixma MX922
May 06, 2015 | Kodak Office Hero 6.1 All-in-One WiFi...
Dec 06, 2014 | Lexmark Impact S305 Wireless All-in-One...
Apr 14, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 08, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP810 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 13, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 25, 2010 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
Apr 24, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 06, 2009 | Epson Stylus CX5400 All-In-One InkJet...
I had the same problem plus had problems with message indicating "alignment failed" and to monitor the blakc/yellow print head. The print quality was very bad in black. It seemed to print about 1.5 lines and then skip a line. When I replaced black and yellow it seemed to get better print quality was just as bad. Finally called HP support. These are the steps they told me to do.
1. disconnect power
2. remove all ink cartridges
3. remove and clean contacts of both print heads
4. perform simultaneously the following press 6 and # on the keypad while at the same time plug in the power.
5. --- the printer came on (black squares on the screen) and then shut off.
6. --- was told to power up the printer
7. Printer began checking device(took a long time)
8. Printer began aligning printer (took a long time)
9. Finally finished = Message on screen "Alignment Failed"
10. Still not printing and hours later.
11. They will be replacing printer
12. Then they hit you with that you should buy a set of inkjet cartidges from them at $109.96 - warranty 2yr, works better, etc.
13. Sent to somebody else to arrange shipping new printer.
14. Free shipping 5-7 days - big deal - placed my work (home office) on hold.
16. Service help - listen when it follows the script, otherwise like talking to a door (In India).
17. Finally get transfered to somebody else and he informs me that he is not authorize to give me a new printer, need to talk to somebody else who is not there. Advises to call during business hours. He said that he could request that I be called back but that it could take a 1.5 days to get back to me.
18. I am going to call tomorrow morning during business hours - wish me luck.
I don't know what is awaiting but IN The Future I will not talk to anybody from INDIA - they do not have authority and do not listen (but maybe they don't listen because they can't do anything about it).
Oct 03, 2007 | HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 Color All-in-One...
676 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!