I just recently put a new hard drive in my pc, and reinstalled the creative zen software. the problem is now my player won't charge when i plug it into the usb. about a month ago my player wouldn't start at all, but a friend of mine downloaded some sorts of upgrades online and saved it. do i need to buy a different charger?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: it won't charge!!
More information is needed before we should talk about buying or installing anything new. Plug your device directly into a USB port on the back of your PC. If it already is try plugging it into the port on the front (yes there is a reason to my madness). Let it sit for awhile with your PC on and see if it charges now.
Let us know what happens and we?ll pick up there.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have an older ZEN, so I'm not sure if I have Creative Media Source 5, but mine never worked really well either. My Windows Media Player recognizes mine, so I just sync to that library. I even have gotten a new laptop since I got my ZEN and I never downloaded anything, I just connected it to Window's Media. I hope that's helpful!
I had the same problem. Reinstalling Windows Media Player didn't help; nor did reinstalling the Creative drivers.
But this worked... in Device Manager I uninstalled everything under Universal Serial Bus controllers, rebooted and let Windows reinstall the USB drivers. Had to reinstall my mouse software too, but the Zen is now back to normal.
Hope this helps someone.
The first problem is probably a software incompatibility between Creative's software and Windows Media Player version 11. The second problem is possibly a need to replace the battery. 3rd party batteries are about 20 dollars now.
I'm having the exact same problem. My zen is 'charging' but isn't detected anywhere on my pc and I'd leave it charging for days but nothing happens. I've tried different usb ports, reinstalling the software several times but nothing. I recently reinstalled Windows and with my new pc my Zen cannot work on it for some reason?! I put previous files from my old pc onto my Zen hoping that I could transfer them onto my new Windows pc but I fear I've lost the data on my Zen completely. Arggh, any suggestions guys? Please..x
I Dropped My Zen Vision M And Cracked The Screen And Bought A New One But Replaced The New ZVM's Hard Drive With My Old One And All I Had to Do Was Restart It For It To Recognize The New Hard Drive And If It Doesnt Recognize It All You Gotta Do Is Put A New One In And Download More Songs xD And If You Need A Disassembly Tutorial Heres A Good Site
·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted "playsforsure" firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits in recovery mode and does bugger all:
(fix courtesty of cinderlee in creative forums)
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers
2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10).
3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot
4, Plug Zen in.
5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don't click the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language selection.
6. On the Zen- select "reload OS"
7. As soon as it flashes up "reload new firmware now via USB" click the language button
8. Tada, now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the firmware. (it may take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now be fine.
10. once you are happy you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.