An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: acer aspire 1690, what is HDD password to start...
This password is to protect unauthorized access to data on the hard drive. The password is stores on the firmware chip on the hard drive and there are no backdoor passwords available, and moving the hard drive to another computer will not work either.
Ask the person who set the password, then you will be able to remove it by going into the BIOS setup.
The only other option is to install a new hard drive and reinstall Windows.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
To delete the Acer Aspire Notebook HDD user password, go to http://www.unlockbiosrecovery.com/Unlock_Acer_HDD.php
The link above will show you to enter 3 wrong password and then copy down the 5 or 8 digit code it displays with Disabled message. Purchase the Acer HDD master password from the link above and submit the code and your model and they will email you the bios master password to unlock your Acer HDD in an hour.. They guarantee it to work or your money back and I have used them successfully dozens of times, saving me a ton of time and money.
This is from a factory repair and maintenance manual for Acer Aspire Laptops. It may work for you.
Forgotten Hard Disk Password
When the user keys in the wrong password three times, an error message appears. The user must now reset
1. Make a note of the error code that is displayed with the error message.
2. Run unlock6.exe from the DOS prompt in the following format:
unlock6 XXXXX 00
(XXXXX = HDD password error code, 00 = CRC base - default is 00)
3. Select Upper case ACSII Code from the screen that appears. The HDD master password is displayed.
Make a note of this password.
4. Reset your system. When the Enter Primary Master HDD User Password prompt appears, enter the
password you made a note of in step 3.
Resetting a BIOS Password
The user can reset a BIOS password using the clnpwd.exe utiility.
1. Copy clnpwd.exe to a DOS boot up disk (or flash drive).
2. Boot your system in DOS mode.
3. Execute clnpwd.exe from the boot up disk (or flash drive).
4. Press 1 or 2 to reset the required password as shown on screen.
5. A confirmation message appears when the process is successful.