Question about Magic Chef CMV1100 Microwave Oven
The microwave runs but doesn't heat and sometimes its works for a month or so without a issue, i don't know if one of us are pressing something somehow we shouldn't but none the less this problem is on going, thanks for your time
It sounds like a microwave circuit problem, and it's very likely a bad rectifier or capacitor. It might be the magnetron.
I would stop using the unit and get it repaired before a more expensive component is damaged.
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 01, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
So Remove cover after disconnecting , check for dirt/moisture in
the cabin, if so wipe clean and dry, check the magnetron and area clean and use
an jet air to clean off. Check the wave guide covers, if food had deposited
then it must be checked or replaced. See link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/1146/how-to-replace-a-microwave-guide-cover.html
Now keeping clear of the microwave, switch on; use a cup of water
inside to test.
If you notice any sparks shut off as the magnetron or the main HT capacitor can be faulty. replace with same type.
If there is heating without any issues, you can use the microwave safely
Jan 21, 2013 | Magic Chef Over the Range Microwave. 1.6...
Nov 07, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1611ST Microwave Oven
Nov 14, 2017 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
May 11, 2010 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
Jan 20, 2010 | Magic Chef MCD1311ST Microwave Oven
Jul 18, 2008 | Magic Chef CMV1000B Microwave Oven
186 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: