I've had my dvd player for quite a while, and Sunday while watching a dvd, my player just stopped in the middle of the movie. I pressed the eject button to start the movie back over and the disc door wouldn't shut. So I lightly pushed on the door and it closed. I ended up frustrated went to turn off the player and it would not turn off. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in and now a red key shaped light shows up above the time area and the player will not turn on.
Is this machine a mechanical paperweight or can someone help me?? Thank you!!
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
(I "ASSUME" you charged it, or tried to). HOW OLD is your MP3 player?? If it's pushing 2yrs old, or played/used on a fairly regular/daily basis, .....YOU MAY JUST NEED A NEW BATTERY.
Carefully peel up the UPC code strip on back of player. (There is a tiny screw underneath it) Carefully remove screw. (The snap notches are 'L' shaped inside the edges of the case). Gently slide/pry open the backside of the case, taking care NOT to break the snap notches. Open case, REMOVE BATTERY. FIND/MATCH BATTERY TYPE. (look in WATCH batteries). Place the new battery in player. Close case, restart/turn on player.
I have been having just about the same problem with mine, i can watch the tv for about 20 min and then the dvd player comes on by itself then it goes to red, green, yellow, and black and white, i've tried resetting the dvd player to default but it hasn't helped mine.When i try to turn it off it automaticly comes back on so i have to unplug it.If i find a way to make mine work right i will send you a message to let you know so you can try it on yours. I've had mine just over a year and i don't have a warrenty anymore.
Though all remotes are differnet just try this it can be kind of standard. But not all remotes are always compatible
1. On the remote control, press DVD once and Turn DVD player off
2. Press and hold SET until the red light blinks twice, then release SET.
3. Aim the remote control at the TV and press SCAN. The red light will blink twice.
4. Continue aiming the remote control and click on and off at the DVD Player (which may take up to 5
minutes) until it turns off. Immediately press any key except VOL-,
SCAN, or SET. If SCAN is pressed again after any key stops Auto Scan,
the remote will continue Auto Scan of the next ID from where it stopped.
If you have passed by the code that turns off the TV, press VOL- one or
more times until the TV turns on again.
5. To lock in the code and exit Auto Scan, press and release SET the red light will blink twice.
1. Or if you have a code. Press Set 2. Wait for blinks 3. Put in code. 4. Test it and if it works click set if not try next one.
hi, u can make your dvd for region free DVD play back. but for that you have to purchase an universal remote (ONE FOR ALL URC-7950). through this remote only you can make player DVD region free. first of all u have to set( program) the remote for the same purpose.
Full procedure for the OneForAllURC-7950 remote is as follows:(preparing remote)
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the Power key flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
5. Press 994 6. Press Magic key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice, if not repeat steps 4 to 8 )
9. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095 18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic button until the red led flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079 28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S370 region free
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the OneForAllURC-7950 remote. The power light will start flashing. (blue middle light)
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote.
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback.
I am a retired Ford technician, so I have seen and know why the OD light is flashing, it indicates a problem with the transmission, it is no related to the DVD player in any way, have a parts store like Kragen or others run a scanner on the Van, there will be a trouble code stored that will give an idea of the problem with the van's transmission, post the code back on this thread and I will look at it and give you some idea of the problem and cost to fix it.
Sounds like the power supply in the dvd player has failed. It works just well enough to turn on the led infront but as soon as you go to do anything it shuts off. This is common in cheaper dvd players. Unless you can troubleshoot electronics. Or know someone that can. Your best bet is to unplug the unit and disassemly and retrieve your dvd.