Question about Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic Calculator
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The damage was battery corrosion. If you CAREFULLY take a damp(not dripping wet) rag and wipe the contacts of the corrosion you may have luck. The batteries just leaked, Very common especially for cheap "Heavy Duty" batteries. Alkalines seem to hold up better in a discharged condition. I hope this helps.Do wash your hands after the cleaning. A q-tip may also be of help. Just wet it and squeeze most of the water from it.
Posted on Aug 26, 2009
Try the other recipes from the TI knowledge base concerning a calculator failing to turn on
For the TI-Nspire™ Family:
1. Cancel - The most non-intrusive reset option; no changes are made, the unit restarts.
2. Delete Operating System – The operating system will be deleted without deleting any documents.
3. Delete Document Folder Contents – This will delete the user’s documents, but will not delete the OS.
4. Complete Format – This will delete the OS and all documents for a total erase of memory.
Hope it helps you solve the problem.
Posted on Oct 18, 2009
SOURCE: I have a TI-nspire CAS
You should ( a suggestion) reset the OS by pressing the button on the back of the unit.
If that does not work, you may consider reinstalling the OS. The procedure as described in the TI Knowledge Base is as follows.
What steps are required to reinstall the TI-Nspire family operating system?
To reload the device’s OS using a computer with TI-Nspire Computer Link:
• Connect the TI-Nspire device (with the Nspire keypad) to the computer using the USB Standard A to Mini B cable.
• Open the TI-Nspire Computer Link software. The select device dialog should appear, and detect the device.
• Either drag the OS file (available in the ‘downloads’ area at education.ti.com) onto the TI-Nspire File Browser portion of the window, or click Tools -> Install OS.
To reload the device’s OS using another TI-Nspire or TI-Nspire CAS device:
• Connect the two devices using the USB Mini A to Mini B cable. The end marked A should be inserted into the sending unit, while the end marked B should be inserted into the receiving unit.
• On the sending unit, access the document chooser by pressing [Home] . Once in the document chooser, press [Menu] and choose 9:Send OS…
NOTE: Users can only send an OS to a unit of the same model. Users cannot send an OS from a TI-Nspire to a TI-Nspire CAS.
Please see the TI-Nspire guidebooks for additional information.
Hope that helps.
Posted on Oct 28, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2015 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Mar 12, 2014 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Aug 26, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-83 Plus Calculator
Jun 30, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Jan 23, 2011 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Aug 30, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Aug 26, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-89 Calculator
Jun 10, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
Mar 08, 2009 | Texas Instruments TI-Nspire Graphic...
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: