Replaceing rear signal light
1. Remove the two small Phillips head screws holding the inside edge of the Taillight assy (you have to open the tailgate)
2. Pull straight back on the Taillight assy levering most of your pressure to the outside edge.
(There is two peg like things [top and bottom of the
assy]stuck into a tight fitting hole in the body, so it will take some
effort, as they are pretty snug..but, they should eventually pop out)
(Put a dab of vasoline on the pegs before you stick them back in, this makes future entries easier)
3. Twist each lamp base 1/4 turn CCW and the lamp base/holder will come right out of the Taillight assy.
4. While grasping the bulb, Pull straight out from the base..Insert new Bulb.
(Spray a little lubricating contact cleaner in the socket and on the bulb base, before you put the new bulb in.)
5. Add a little vinly/rubber spray protectant to the rubber gasket on the base.
6. Re-install Lamp and base into Taillight assy using a 1/4 turn CW twist of your wrist
7. Align the pegs on the Back of the Taillight assembly with the mating holes on the body.
8. Gently, but firmly smack the Taillight assy with the heel of your hand,to seat the pegs.
9. Re-install and tighten the two screws and go wipe off the finger prints and smudges from Taillight assy lens.
Mar 05, 2011 |
2006 Hummer H3