Model #110.26901691 Kenmore washer. Need to
The end caps come off by placing your hand over the TOP of the console and lifting each one from the back and pulling forward. If you can't get them to come off by hand, try placing a screwdriver in the top groove in the back and give it a twist to pope the cap free. Once the caps are removed follow these steps:
1. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
2. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
3. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
4. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
If you are replacing the lid switch, you will now have full access to remove it from the under the washer casing.
To reinstall the washer case, follow these steps:
1. With the lid of the washer open, grasp the case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you. Reinsert the brass clips by placing the clips into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push then down into the opening on top of the washer.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
If you have any questions about this repair, please post back and let me know. You can view some excellent exploded view diagrams of your washer at searspartsdirect.com for assistance in locating parts if needed. I hope this helps you.
Dec 08, 2009 |