Question about Audio Technica ATH-M50 Professional Headphones
There is a gash on the cable and the interior wires are exposed, the red one is damaged but still working but the black one is completely severed. would it be better to just replace the cable or should i just attempt to repair the cable? if so how would i go about doing that?
Tips for a great answer:
Use your crescent wrench to disconnect the positive and negative battery
cables. Be careful not to touch both battery posts together with your wrench,
as this will damage the battery and possibly harm you.
Use your spark plug socket to gently grab the insulated end of the spark
plug wire; pull it away from the tip of the plug. The spark plug socket looks
like a regular set of pliers, except that the jaws have rubber inserts to grip
the insulation without damaging it. The plug wire itself looks like a 15-gauge
wire with a rubber boot on each end: One end is connected to the spark plug
present in each of the eight cylinders, while the other end is connected to a
coil pack terminal, usually located on the right rear side of the engine
compartment. The coil pack is a square, black, solid-state component that has
eight terminals for each of the eight plug wires.
Use your spark plug socket to gently pull the coil pack end of the plug
wire away from the terminal. Repeat the last two steps until all eight wires
Consult the service manual for your vehicle's year model and determine
the exact firing order. You will need to connect each new wire to the numbered
coil pack terminal and the corresponding engine cylinder. Failure to replace
the wires in the right order will result in failure of engine operation.
Use your crescent wrench to reconnect the battery cables (black wire to
black terminal, red wires to red terminal).
Start the vehicle and make sure it is running smoothly. If you hear
misfiring in the engine, use the spark plug wrench to make sure all the
connections are properly seated. If the condition continues, you will need to
further diagnose the electrical system.
Jul 15, 2012 | 1998 Dodge Ram
Your battery has been depleted past a chargable state. This is a due to a bad design in the phone that doesn't monitor the battery power state well enough. It actually allows the battery to be taken under the minimum amount needed to recharge the battery.
You can fix this, but do so at your own risk.
You can simply purchase a new battery, that will work, just been sure not to let it deplete the battery totally anymore.
Now, on to the fix
-Take out the battery.
-Get any usb cable you can find sitting around. (any usb wire will do, an old printer cable, anything with a usb end that can plug into your computer)
-cut one end of the plug off. You need to leave the side on that connects to your computer. Cut off the side that plugs into a device (printer, camera, web cam, etc)
-Strip the rubber off the wire and expose the wires inside.
-Separate the wires from each other. You will only be using the BLACK and RED wires.
-strip the very end of the black and red wires carefully using a wire cutter exposing the metal wire inside the red and black covering.
-Plug in your home made battery charger to your computer. Careful not to touch any exposed metal, as it will give you a small shock.
DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE RED AND BLACK WIRE TO TOUCH EACH OTHER
-now carefully hold the black wire to the negative terminal on the battery (it should be noted with a black circle with a - in the middle). Then touch the red wire to the positive terminal (it will be noted with a red circle with a + in the middle).
Hold the 2 wires there for 20 seconds. Then quickly plug the battery back into the phone, and then plug it into a regular charger. Give it little bit of time, if you've done everything correctly the charge light should come on.
I had to repeat the last step again to get the light to turn on indicating it was charging.
You must not hold the wires to the battery for too long, 20 seconds should do it. You can overload a battery with this trick and actually make it explode if you hold it there too long. You are well within the few minutes needed to detonate the battery due to overcharging by sticking very strictly to 20 seconds.
Just be careful and you'll be fine.
One you get a charge light give it a few minutes in the off position, then try powering up the device and keep it plugged in until you get 100% charge.
on Oct 02, 2007 | T-Mobile MDA
on Oct 02, 2007 | Dopod 838 Smartphone
Mar 07, 2011 | Phoenix Gold ZX400ti Car Audio Amplifier
Nov 06, 2010 | 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette
on Oct 02, 2007 | i-mate K-jam Smartphone
on Oct 02, 2007 | Cingular Wireless 8125 Smartphone
Sep 02, 2009 | Dell Latitude D610 Notebook
Apr 19, 2009 | Black & Decker CCC3000 18-Volt Cordless...
Oct 11, 2008 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!