Question about Abit AW9D-MAX Motherboard
As soon as I turn pc on I get one long beep. Pc posts as normal then boots into windows.
Hello one long beep, is a failing ram module.
Try to renew the modules, or remove the modules, and insert one at the time.
Just to test one of them for fault.
4x 240 Pin DDR2, Dual Channel DDR533//667/800, up to 8 GB
Here is a list of beep codes:
One short beep is normal.
Posted on Jan 24, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This mean that this is a general memory or RAM error or might as well your CPU is overheating. You can try reseating your RAM or CPU, if all else fails try replacing your RAM with a system compatible one.
Posted on May 18, 2010
I still did not find beep code that match your problem..
Anyways here are the common beep codes for your motherboard.. it might help you too.
1. No beep - no reaction, the mother board is dead, power supply problem, processor and or ram problem.
2. 1beep - board is working fine.
3. One long beep then it shuts down - cpu problem, your processor is not working or missing.
4. 1short beep - system boots normally
5. 2short beeps - CMOS setting error.
6. 1long 1short beep - dram error
7. 1long 2 short beep - video card or monitor not connected
8. 1long 3 short beep - keyboard error.
9. 1long 9short beep - ROM error
10. Long beep - memory card is missing or not connected
11. Short beep - power supply error
12 Four beeps - there is no fan detected on Fan1 or Fan2 header. make sure to attach or reset CMOS bios to factory setting.
Hope this gave you an idea of your problem..
Much appreciated if you rate this help..thanks..
Posted on May 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 02, 2017 | Computers & Internet
on Jul 27, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Mar 15, 2013 | Dell Studio Computers & Internet
Mar 07, 2013 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
Jan 15, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Dec 27, 2012 | HP Black Pavilion p6-2143w Desktop PC with...
Mar 07, 2012 | Gateway 510XL (2800446) PC Desktop
Mar 18, 2011 | E-Machines etower 500is PC Desktop
Dec 29, 2010 | Dell Dimension 3100 PC Desktop
Nov 10, 2017 | Abit AW9D-MAX Motherboard
114 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: