Question about Sharp Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

No power May have overheated

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    Top Expert:

    An expert who has finished #1 on the weekly Top 10 Fixya Experts Leaderboard.

    Superstar:

    An expert that got 20 achievements.

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

  • Sharp Master
  • 12,223 Answers

Follow this steps and fix it. God bless you

No Lights or Power, Unit seems Dead First check is the main fuse of the unit. On countertop units, you will need to take the shell off. The fuse will be close to where the cord comes through into the unit. OTR units, this main fuse is usually behind the control panel or possibly behind the vent. Usually the fuse is obvious if blown, otherwise test with an OHM meter, if open, replace fuse.

Some brands will also have a thermal cut-off fuse in the incoming voltage line to the control board. Older Maytags and Samsungs have this fuse in it. This thermostat looking fuse is usually above the oven cavity somewhere under the outside shell. Sometimes you can get to it through the vent of OTR models. Test with an OHM meter, replace if open.
no power - 1_23_2013_5_37_22_pm.gif

Posted on Jan 23, 2013

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do I set up the power level on a Hamilton Beach microwave model number is p100n30als3b


I believe all you need to do is first press the 'Power Level' button, then select a number on the keypad between 1 and 100 (where 100 is full power, 50 is half power, etc), then Press 'Time Cook' and enter the number of minutes and seconds as usual. I'd suggest testing on a cup of water so you don't risk overheating anything. And never run a microwave completely empty.

Good luck.

Mar 21, 2015 | Hamilton Beach Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

A don't heat oven


Magnatron ( power unit in Microwave ) DEAD , cheaper to buy another Microwave .

Mar 15, 2015 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We had a small fire in our GE profile pvm2070 microwave. Now we have no power, anyone have any suggestions?


see the diagrams., and see what is burns, unplugged the equipment
Possible the fan motor can be stopped, for some times ago, and this produce overtheating in the wires or winding from transformer, this produce fire inside.Of course there are spike or glitching in line and this produce overheating and deterioring the insulated material. The fuse and c.breaker ARE not device for fire only for to protect the device for short and NOT overheating or fire.
God bless you
7_15_2012_12_49_28_pm.gif7_15_2012_12_49_55_pm.gif7_15_2012_12_50_24_pm.jpg

Jul 14, 2012 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave lost power in the middle of heating a lunch. Later power came on with PF in the display. Is this normal?


it seems the thetmal cutoff(TCO) mounted on the magnetron to protect it from overheating is going off.it opens out when magnetron overheats and cuts the power to the control board and after the magnetron cools down tco resets and power to control board is restored with the sign PF(power failure).the fan that cools the magnetron may have gone bad.i think u will need a tech 2 chk it out.

Aug 17, 2009 | Hotpoint RVM1625 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whirlpool Microwave, No Power


could be a damaged door saftey

Jun 14, 2009 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Terminal connector to the door switch overheated & fuse blown


Just cleaning is not enought.The terminal is loose and that isusually the problem most of the time.Replace them with new ones and I think you be happy.

Mar 12, 2009 | Panasonic NN-P794SF Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Magic chef over the oven microwave shuts off.


Is not normal for a microwave to shutdown after 4 minutes of operation.
From the info you are providing, It looks like the magnetron might be overheating causing the thermal fuse to shut it down until it cools down. There may also be a loose connection in one of the switches or a cold solder joint in the low voltage power supply.
I would suggest to check and make sure that the fans are functional, If always did; it could be that there isn't much air circulation where the appliance was installed.

Mar 03, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Sudden power loss


Is the internal cooling fan running? (I don't mean the hood vent exhaust fan)

It sounds like your magnetron is overheating, tripping the magnetron thermostat, which protects your magnetron from overheating to the point of destruction.

It may be because the internal cooling fan is bad or the magnetron is just failing.

(Do you hear the cooling fan running behind the control panel when you microwave?)

If you or someone you know decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.

You can usually find helpful exploded view diagrams and order parts by entering your full model number here.

There should also be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting & testing.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 06, 2008 | GE JVM1870 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Maytag microwave overheated.


There is a fuse that should be easy to get to behind the control panel.  Will need to take the grill off first to get control panel off.  Make sure unit is unplugged first.  There are high voltage parts in a microwave so you should have a professional do the work if you are not comfortable with it.  Would appreciate a solved rating for expert advice.

Oct 17, 2007 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Microwave Ovens Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Ed Mac

Level 3 Expert

731 Answers

Jim Thurston

Level 3 Expert

670 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...