Question about HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If your still looking for a solution, or to those of you who have a similar problem, the following fixed my problem after trying to resolve the issue over the last year!!!!
I also received the "not set up on pc" message and tried re-installing the software numerous times.
Finally resorted to re-installing windows XP (because of this and other software glitches) and re-installed the Laserjet 3050 software again...but could not get the printer to install.
The problem was occuring while the software was asking to "plug in the usb cable", but would not complete the installation. It was not recognizing the device....the solution was to reset the laserjet 3050!!!!
to reset, push the "menu" button, < (left arrow), go to "service", "enter" button, > (right arrow), "Restore Defaults", "enter" button.
This should reset the factory defaults.
After this, I re-installed software, working!!!!!
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
Please perform the following:
Super NVRAM init
When a super NVRAM init is performed, the all-in-one language and telecom country/region settings
are undefined. The user is prompted to set the language and telecom country/region. Until these settings
are defined, the all-in-one will not return to the Ready state.
CAUTION A Super NVRAM init erases all data that is stored in both the unprotected and
protected NVRAM memory.
To perform a super NVRAM init
1. Turn off the all-in-one.
2. Press and hold down the * and 5 buttons.
3. Continue to hold down the buttons while you turn on the all-in-one. Hold the buttons throughout
the entire power-on sequence.
4. When Permanent Storage Init. appears on the control-panel display, release the buttons.
5. When prompted, set the language and telecom country/region.
6. Allow the all-in-one to return to Ready before using it.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
If the lines only appear on copies from the auto feeder and printing is clean, then lift the auto feeder section and clean the scanner glass underneath.
If printing and copying have similar 'streaky' results you probably have a bad toner cartridge - try a replacement. If that doesn't work you have a fuser problem - which is quite a costly repair based on the replacement cost of your unit
Posted on Mar 04, 2009
If this doesn't answer your question, then let me know more specifically what you need.
Setting the time and date
To set the time and date
To set or change the time and date, use the following steps. If you need help entering any
information, see Enter text from the control panel.
1. On the control panel, press Menu.
2. Use the < or the > button to select System setup, and then press .
3. Press Menu to select Time/Date.
4. Use the < or the > button to specify either the 12-hour or the 24-hour clock, and then press .
5. Use the alphanumeric buttons to enter the current time.
6. If you specified the 12-hour clock, use the < or the > button to move the cursor past the fourth
character. Select 1 for A.M. or 2 for P.M., and then press .
If you specified the 24-hour clock, press .
NOTE Make sure that you use two digits to specify the month and day, in that order (for
example, use “05” for May and “01” for the first day of the month of May).
8. Press Menu.
Setting the fax header
To set the fax header
To set or change the fax header information, complete the following steps. If you need help entering
any information, see Enter text from the control panel.
1. On the control panel, press Menu.
2. Use the < or the > button to select Fax setup, and then press .
3. Use the < or the > button to select Fax Header, and then press .
4. Use the alphanumeric buttons to enter your fax number, and then press .
5. Use the alphanumeric buttons to enter your company name, and then press .
NOTE The maximum number of characters allowed in the fax number is 20. The maximum
number of characters allowed in the company name is 40.
Posted on Apr 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 10, 2012 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Sep 25, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
May 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Mar 12, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Jan 14, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: