Question about Computers & Internet
I tried the b500 jumper on the back and it did not work. this is the first satellite i could not remove bios password
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
its just a technique and if u wish u can do it.
This is what you need:
1. Your notebook
2. An empty formatted diskette (720 kb or 1,44 mb)
3. A second computer (e.g. a DOS desktop PC)
4. A hex-editor (e.g. Norton DiskEdit or HexWorks)
This is what you have to do:
1. Start the desktop PC and start the hex-editor
2. Put the disk in drive A:
3. Change the first five bytes of sector 2 (boot sector is sector 1) to: 4B 45 59 00 00
4. Save it! Now you have a KEYDISK
5. Remove the disk from drive A:
6. Put the disk in the notebook drive
7. Start the notebook in Boot Mode (push the reset button)
8. Press Enter when asked for Password:
9. You will be asked to Set Password again. Press Y and Enter.
10. You now see the BIOS configuration where you can set a new password.
Disclaimer: I dont have any responsibility for any type of loss arised due to applying this process. Its just for educational purpose.So..do it at your own risk.
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
If you know the current password, use it to enter BIOS SETUP.
Then, type a "blank" ("space-bar") as the "new" password.
If you don't know the current password, you're stuck;
this is a "security" feature to prevent a stolen laptop from being used by the thief.
Posted on May 27, 2009
remove the keyboard the mobo battery is there you need to unsolder one end of it, lift the leg, and turn it on that way for it to clear.. you will have to resolder once done.. have the skills or find someone that does... and you're set..
Posted on Aug 07, 2009
SOURCE: toshiba a120 bios password
To change or remove the BIOS Password, it's necessary to know the existing password. Otherwise, it can only be removed by a Toshiba Authorized Service Provider. To locate a Toshiba Authorized Service Provider (ASP) anywhere in the world, visit Toshiba's Global ASP Locator at:http://pcrepair.toshiba.com
Posted on Sep 05, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 11, 2017 | Toshiba Computers & Internet
Oct 01, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite L955-S5362 Notebook...
Feb 27, 2014 | Toshiba Satellite L850-ST2NX1 : Laptop...
Feb 02, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L500 Series Notebook
Oct 10, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L25-S12 Notebook
Jul 21, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite L505D Notebook
Jun 15, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite Pro A200-EZ2204X...
Apr 13, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite M55-S141 Notebook
Feb 22, 2010 | Toshiba L505D-S6947 Notebook
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!