Question about Lexmark C510 Laser Printer
After using the printer successfully for awhile, the printer stopped working, and when I open the printer icon, it says "attempting to connect to
We are running the printer from a USB connection on our router (Apple Time Capsule/Airport). No connections have changed. I've unplugged and restarted the airport, printer, and cable modem, with no change. It happens from every application and from both house computers (on which is plugged into the network by Ethernet).
After working with Lexmark tech support (which is excellent, by the way), it became clear that the problem is with my network (Airport/Time Capsule) and not the printer. (The printer works when plugged directly into my computer.)
Posted on Jan 28, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 09, 2013 | Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2007 Full Version...
HP says to use the Vista drivers. You have to install it a a local printer follow these steps....
1. Make sure the printer is turned on and connected to your network. Verify that you can access the printer's internal web page by browsing to its IP address before continuing. Print a network config page or make note of the IP address and Name. (should be a static IP)
2. Click >> Start >> Control panel >> Devices and Printers.
3. Click the Add a printer
4. Select Local printer
5. Select Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button.
6. Under Device type, select TCP/IP Device. Under Hostname or IP address, enter the printer's host name (found on the printer's network configuration report the generated above). Click Next.
If you get a message about Additional Port Information Required, then the printer was not found using the host name. You can go back and retry or using the printer's IP address instead of the host name.
7. Select HP or Hewlett-Packard from the list of manufacturers and select and select your printer model. Click Next.
If your printer model was not listed, then select Have Disk, browse the HP CD that came with your printer and select the first file that starts with hp and ends with inf.or use currently installed driver if you have teh correct on installed. Click Open then OK. Select your printer model. Click Next.
8. It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications.
9. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next.
10. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it.
11. Click Finish.
Dec 19, 2010 | HP LaserJet 1020 Printer
Jun 01, 2010 | Intuit QuickBooks Pro 2008: Windows
May 14, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 08, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jul 02, 2008 | Ricoh Aficio 2018D All-In-One Laser...
Jun 22, 2008 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Aug 08, 2007 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
638 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!