After very small fire in oven now nothing works , did not have to use water or fire extinguisher, fire went out when oxygen was depleted,would require very little clean up but not even clock works ,like it is not getting power,yet other appliances will work in this outlet, Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: Ge model Jvm1563wh05 microwave oven
I assume that model is JVM1653WH05?
The fire probably opened the internal flame senor, also known as the oven cavity thermal cutout (TCO) located on top of the cavity.
The TCO part number is WB27X10195 and it's available here.
should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
our Web site, we have a video
available showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
You can find
helpful exploded view diagrams here.
Accessing the cavity TCO will require you to remove the oven from the wall.
so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have
two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.
You can download GE
owner's manuals and installation instructions here.
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your
thoughtful rating of our answer.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Alcohol evaporates. Put a few drops of alcohol in a paper cup and leave it overnight. It should be gone in less than a day. A year should evaporate a lot of alcohol. If you want to be extra safe and you're tech-savvy, open the case carefully and look for moisture. Otherwise, plug it in somewhere relatively safe and try it (fire extinguisher Class C or ABC handy. -- You need an BC in the kitchen anyway. http://garages.about.com/od/toolsmaterials/a/fire_extinguisher.htm). Once tested, put the microwave where you need it.
We could look it up if we knew your full model number, but some of their budget models (like some made for Wal-Mart) are made with only turntable parts available. Within the warranty period, the oven is to be returned to the dealer. But a fire would not normally be covered under warranty unless the oven came on by itself when idle. Otherwise, the thermostat / TCO has temperature markings on it, and a generic equivalent or very close type can be matched at a local appliance parts store.
Hi Diane, that happened to me last year my daughter burned popcorn in microwave. I washed it out with baking soda and water, hot water. Then rinse it out good and place about a tsp. of baking soda in a small bowel with a little water set timer for 10 seconds on high power, this helps to nuetrilize the air flow and now you can use it with out any burn smell.
There is a GE/Kenmore recall: http://injurylaw.reganfirm.com/2007/12/articles/defective-products/cpsc-notice-ge-ge-profile-kenmore-microwave-ovens-recalled/. I don't know if your relative's models are involved. I suggest that you file an incident report with the Consumer Product Safety Commission.