Program sony remote to operate dish vip722
The Sony RM-YD029 Remote control will work with the Dish Network VIP722 DVR HD Satellite Receiver, but the Dish Network VIP722's Primary remote address must be set to 1.
The procedure below will allow Sony RM-YD029 remote control to operate Dish VIP722.
Using the Dish Network Remote Control -
1. Press menu 2 times to get to system info page
2. In the system
info page the primary remote address is in a white box (bubble) followed by a Green TV (1)symbol that
says IR and indicates you the channel your remote control one is
configured. The Sony RM-YD029 will work when this primary remote address number (in the white box) is set to 1.
If the Primary Remote Address of your VIP722 Remote control 1 is not set to channel 1, here is how to change it:
1. While displaying the system info page, press and hold the SAT button on your dish network remote until all other modes are flashing, about 3 seconds.
2. then press the '1' button on the numeric pad of your dish remote
3. then press the '#' button on the numeric pad of the dish remote
4. then press the 'record' button (red dot button - stores setting)
5. At this point you should see a number 1 in front of the primary remote address on the dish system info page
Ensure you enter the corresponding IR code into your Sony remote control per the instructions in the manual or Sony's web site. My 722 works with Sony IR code - 01775.
Sep 08, 2009 |
Sony BRAVIA XBR 52 in. LCD Flat-Panel HDTV