My ipaq was working. For some reason I pushed the soft reset buton with the stylus and the power button at the same time. The screen went blank and it won't start up. Did I really mess things up? How do I fix it?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 10,000 points.
Re: doesn't start up
Based on your post/description, your iPaq 2210 will not power on. It is possible that your battery is deactivated. To reactivate, plug it to the AC power supply/adaptor, press reset at the back of the unit. Assuming no other problem, the unit will initialize back to default factory settings. It's very likely that all your previous/personal settings, files and applications will be also gone.
Good luck and pls post back how things turn up. Kind regards.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
A factory reset erases all user-installed settings, programs, and data, and restores your HP iPAQ to factory settings. CAUTION All user-installed settings, programs, and data are erased from memory with a factory reset. To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
Press and hold the OK and Rotate Screen buttons.
While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts.
When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
The HP iPAQ will now restart and power on.
If you have done the above and still no go. Then your main drive has probably failed.
To do the hard reset, while on battery (NOT A/C) power, hold down the two outside front-panel buttons (Calendar and iTask), While holding them, press the reset button with the stylus. Keep these buttons all pressed until the image on the screen begins to fade (about 4 seconds), then you can release the reset and application buttons. To restart your iPAQ, you must then plug the unit into A/C power, or do a Soft Reset by again, pressing the reset button with the stylus.
here is your answer but if you want to solve your problem quick microsoft takes 11$ to fix it
see this if this help you
Resetting the Device
Sometimes there is a need to reset your Pocket PC. Resetting the device is known as performing a "soft" or "hard" reset.
Performing a Soft Reset
A soft reset stops all running applications, but does not erase any programs or saved data. Be sure to save any unsaved data within a running application before performing a soft reset. Perform a soft reset to: ■ Stop all running applications ■ Install a new application ■ Restart the Pocket PC if it stops responding
To perform a soft reset:
1. Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your iPAQ Pocket PC. 2. Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button. The Pocket PC restarts and displays the Today screen.
Performing a Hard Reset
Perform a hard reset only when you want to clear all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM (Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored.
CAUTION: If you perform a hard reset, your Pocket PC loses all data and programs not saved in iPAQ File Store.
To perform a hard reset:
1. Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons. 2. While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC for about two seconds.
3. When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
Note: If you simultaneously push and hold the Reset, Calendar, and iTask buttons for more than two seconds, the battery disconnects. To restart the device, either plug the device into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again. After performing a hard reset, you may need to reinstall applications stored in iPAQ File Store to restore shortcuts and full functionality.
4. The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
To return your iPAQ Pocket PC to factory settings after performing a hard reset:
1. Tap Start > Programs > File Explorer > My Device. 2. Tap the iPAQ File Store folder to open it. 3. Tap Edit > Select All. 4. Tap and hold the selected files, then tap Delete. 5. Tap Yes to delete all file in iPAQ File Store.
To perform a factory reset and return your HP iPAQ to factory settings:
1. Press and hold the Quick Launch and Rotate Screen buttons. 2. While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the HP iPAQ until the device restarts. 3. When the HP iPAQ restarts, release all of the buttons, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. The HP iPAQ restarts and powers on.
Mike @ compurepair.
some software program is causeing it to slow down.
try uninstalling some of your programs, or preform a hard reset witch returns the pda into the original state.
How Do I Perform a Hard Reset?
Perform a soft reset when:
Press and hold the Calendar and iTask buttons.
While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the iPAQ Pocket PC for about two seconds.
When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button. CAUTION: If you push and hold the Reset button for more than two seconds, the battery disconnects. To restart the unit, either plug the unit into the AC Adapter or press the Reset button again.
01) Press and hold down the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
02) While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the "Reset" button/hole on the back of the iPAQ until the screen goes blank.
03) Release the "Calendar" and "iPAQ Wireless" buttons.
04) Press the "Reset" button/hole again (so that it resets/powers on.)
On the front pannel you have the 4 buttons and the central navigation key. Press simultaneous the first and the last of this buttons (1 and 4) and then with your stylus (while keeping these buttons pushed) press the soft reset button (bottom of the device, a small hole). Keep these pressed alltogether for 4-5 sec then release them and do a soft reset. Your PDA should now be in factory settings. If not, try again. It will work.
Just hold down the calendar and today buttons, these are the two outer buttons on the lower left and lower right, then using a stylus press and hold for at least ten seconds the soft reset button this is located on the lower right edge of the unit. The screen should reset and the iPAQ will boot up again.