Question about Maytag MGR5765QDQ CleanDesign Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Carbon monoxide leak from back burner on stove

I had the fire dept at my house this past Sunday -due to our carbon monoxide detector going off -1/25/09- the carbon monoxide meter indicated the gas was coming from the back burner on the stove- there is a fire report indicating this -how should I handle this? My stove is about 3 years old -model# MGR5765QOW -s/n 2023617SU

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 2,976 Answers

You need to get the control valve for that burner replaced. It's at the front of the stove.

Posted on Mar 08, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Burner will not stay on too warm house


Using a stove burner to heat the house is the wrong thing to do. You can kill everyone in the house from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Nov 19, 2014 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Whirlpool sf362lxt oven sets off carbon monoxide detector randomly yet all flames are blue


This is caused by incomplete combustion of the fuel, DO NOT operate this oven until a qualified repair person look s at this problem. CO gas is a killer and nothing to fool with.

Feb 02, 2012 | Whirlpool SF362LXTB Range

1 Answer

The flames from the front left burner is 1/3 orange and 2/3 blue; whereas the flames from the other burners are all blue. There is a strong odour from the front left burner when we turn it on and also the...


The flames should be all blue - except when you first turn it on, where the flame begins, & only when you turn it on. Orange flames mean incomplete combustion is happening. Carbon monoxide is being released. Orange flames can also mean your getting low on gas. Clean it & try moving the disk around. An uneven disc means some flames will be higher & burn your pots. The flames are wrapping around your pots if they're burning on the sides. Keep flames under the pot. Regardless of the being clean, the odor means you need to check your gas level. Once filled back, the odor should be gone if that's the only problem. That is placed in the gas as a safety feature. Don't try to fix this problem yourself if the "easy" solutions don't work. It could be very dangerous. Invest in a carbon monoxide detector especially when you have anything gas.

Sep 15, 2011 | GE Profile JGS968 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Have the oven burner gas stove emits too much carbon dioxsid what is the solution: Change the burner? Or give a pretty clean? Thanks


This is an extremely dangerous problem that should not occur. There has been a product recall for models of electrolux and kenmore's manufactured in Canada, so you should check the US Consumer products safety commission. www.cpsc.gov.

You should not use your oven for heat because it can also use up all the oxygen in a well insulated environment. You should never cover the bottom of the oven with foil. It blocks vents and causes Carbon monoxide to buildup.

If that is not the case, you should really have a qualified technician clean and tune the oven, because if you are right and your oven is emitting enough carbon monoxide to trigger an alarm, you can wind up dead.

Tuning can involve adjusting gas flow and checking regulators. If you still want to attempt a solution, check the top and bottom burners. Make sure the are in good visual shape and use a small pipe cleaner, paper clip or some other wire that will not break off inside the jet holes.

Clean the oven and check your manual to make sure that it does not require a vent.

Fire companies will often help out with finding the source of carbon monoxide, but they do not want people to air out or clean the offending area or appliance. Please take care, and thank you for your question.

Nov 25, 2009 | Frigidaire 30" Self-Cleaning Slide-In Gas...

2 Answers

Kenmore twin burner.. orange flames


A <i>temporary</i> orange flame from your gas stove can also occur at peak usage times. An increase in local demand can cause a decrease in pressure in the natural gas line. If all of your gas appliances are in combustion simultaneously, this may also cause a drop in pressure, especially in older houses. If the problem persists, it is likely a dirty/clogged burner or the stove needs servicing. In general, an orange flame (on a gas combustion appliance) means incomplete combustion and carbon monoxide production.

Research Design Studio

Jul 06, 2009 | Kenmore 79012 / 79014 / 79019 Gas Kitchen...

1 Answer

My oven soots alot:


The adjustment you attempted was to make the regulator track the temperature setting on the knob.
The yellow flame is caused by poor combustion and could be producing carbon monoxide, an odorless, tasteless and very deadly gas.
It sounds like the path for air is blocked and causing the problem. 
For anyone, I recommend a carbon monoxide detector in the home if you have any gas appliances or even unused gas connections. They cost $30-$35 US but flowers for your funeral could run more.   A family near our town lost the father and the wife and 3 kids ended up in the hospital due to this only a few days ago. They had only moved into the house a week ago.

Dec 28, 2008 | GE Spectra JGBP30 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Model # FGF337ECD i was using one top burner sunday and my carbon menoxide alarm went off. after the fourth time i had the fire dept. and gas company show up. they pinpointed the stove as the culprit. is...


it 's very easy to fix, the oxygen vents need to be open on that burner, they are located as the burner meets the valve that supplies gas to it.

Dec 09, 2008 | Kitchen Ranges

1 Answer

Carbon mono detector alarming, flames high


the oven comes from the factory set to be used on natual gas. its souds like your on LP gas. if so there should be a conversion kit with the range or instruction in the owners manual on what to do to convert it. all ranges ar diverent when it comes to converting. you need to follow the instruction in your manual

Nov 22, 2007 | Frigidaire FGF316 Gas Kitchen Range

1 Answer

Funny Smell


ALL YOUR FLAMES SHOULD BE CLEAN BLUE FLAMES WITH NO WHITE OR YELLOW TIPS OR FLAMES !!!! YELLOW FLAME = DIRT OR PAINT? WHITE = LACK OF AIR SOUNDS LIKE YOUR STOVE IS NOT GETTING ENOUGH COMBUSTION AIR. INPROPER AIR ADJUSTMENTS OR LACK OF AIR WILL CAUSE A WHITE TIP ON THE FLAME ... THAT IS CARBON-MONIXIDE !!! A CLEAN BLUE FLAME EMITTS CARBON-DIOXIDE AND IS NORMAL. IF YOU USED AN AIR-GUN TO PAINT, CHANCES ARE YOUR BURNERS HAVE A SLIGHT COATING ON THEM AND HOPEFULLY WILL BURN OFF IN TIME. TRY OPENING ALL YOUR DOORS AND WINDOWS IN YOUR HOUSE ... AND TURN ALL BURNERS ON AND LET THEM BURN FOR AN HOUR. DO NOT LKEAVE SIGHT OF THE STOVE, BUT KEEP NEAR A OPEN WINDOW. NOTICE !!! MOST GAS COMPANIES WILL COME OUT AT NO CHARGE TO CHECK GAS, AND FOR CARBON-MONOXIDE.(C0) NOT (CO2).

Apr 28, 2007 | GE Profile Spectra JGBP90 Gas Kitchen...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Maytag MGR5765QDQ CleanDesign Gas Kitchen Range Logo

369 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Maytag Kitchen Ranges Experts

gbob59

Level 3 Expert

2963 Answers

freddyfox

Level 2 Expert

236 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

60960 Answers

Are you a Maytag Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...