Question about Belkin Computers & Internet
I live across the street from him. He set up my Belkin router when I got my Acer, & made himself the administrator
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may want to check if the wireless switch is "ON"
on the laptop most wireless ready laptops has either a
button or toggle switch to enable the wireless radio..
if it's already enabled and you still cant connect to
the wireless network,try changing the wireless channel
from the router.
Posted on Jun 19, 2008
There are a few things that can cause you to lose wireless connection with your wireless router.
1. Weak signal strength, check the signal strength on your wireless card. If it is weak move the wireless router away from walls and if possible locate the wireless router higher up.
2. Have you secured your wireless router from people near your from unauthorized access? Ie. change the default password, setup encryption use WAP2 or WAP, change the default SSID, and turn off SSID broadcast, and for added protection, enable MAC address filtering which allows only the MAC address/es of your wireless card/s to connect to your wireless router.
3. You could be getting interference from electrical sources such as air conditioners, ard welders, washing machines etc. If so the power supply to the wireless routers and computers etc should be connected to a surge protection power board, better still connect your computer equipment to an UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) .
4. Check the channels of the wireless routers and access points in your area and and change the broadcast channel on your wireless router to an unused channel or one that has the weakest signal strength. This will minimize the interference with your wireless router from the wireless routers and access points in your area.
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
You have to go into the setup for the router. Most default to the 192.168.1.1 IP address. You would type that address into your internet browser and hit enter. Then you will be asked for a name and password. If you have your belkin manual it will tell you the default name and password. Once in the settings you can change the password. You can also turn off SSID broadcasting, enable the highest level of security that your particular router supports in conjunction with your computer and enable MAC authentication. If you enable MAC authentication you have to type in the MAC address for each device you wish to have access to the router.
Posted on Nov 07, 2009
your user name and password have been entered incorrectly, they are case sensitive and must be exact. Make sure your ADSL settings are set at 0/38 (you'll see where)
Posted on Nov 13, 2009
SOURCE: I have Belkin N150 Rouer.
f the modem light keeps blinking, it means that the router hasn't been configured yet. Also, rarely, it can be an issue with WAN port/modem port on the router or the ethernet cable connecting the modem to router or finally, modem may not be working as its not applicable in this case(as you said).
1.Connect comp.--(gray port) router (yellow port)--modem
2.On the computer, open the router page by typing 192.168.2.1 in the address bar of browser
NOTE : IF YOUR INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IS CABLE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS
3.Under Internet WAN , SELECT the connection type as Dynamic.->NEXT
4.On the far left column, click on "MAC address" under Internet WAN.
5.Click on clone and apply changes and finally check Internet status
6.If internet status > Not connected, we need to do a network power cycle
7.For this, unplug the power from router, then from modem, then unplug the coaxial cable from cable modem.
8. Wait for 60 sec, then connect the coaxial cable, then connect power to modem, wait for lights on modem to get steady, then finally, plug in the power to router.
Now, you may see proper lights lit on the router.
All my best wishes for a fast internet service through the router.
FOR PPPOE OR DSL CONNECTIONS
1.Under Internet WAN , SELECT the connection type as PPPOE ->NEXT
2.ENTER THE USERNAME & PASSWORD PROVIDED BY YOUR IN INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER
3.CLICK ON APPLY CHANGES
For any advanced help, revert asap!
Thanks and regards,
Posted on Jan 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 21, 2015 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Feb 11, 2014 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
Jan 22, 2013 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Jan 22, 2013 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Feb 24, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 31, 2010 | Belkin (F5D7231-4) Wireless Router
Apr 26, 2010 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Mar 01, 2010 | Belkin F5D7234-4 Router
Feb 28, 2010 | Belkin N1 Vision Modem Router -...
Oct 13, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
105 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: