How to open drum to remove the jammed paper inside
Hi Good day!! here are the steps how to remove paper jam in brother hope it help's you!!
1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
2. Pull the jammed paper up and out of the printer.
3. Press the cover release button and then open the front cover.
4. Pull out the drum unit assembly. Pull the jammed paper up and out of the printer. If you cannot remove the drum unit assembly easily at this time, do not use extra force. Instead, pull the edge of the jammed paper from the paper tray. If the jammed paper can not be pulled out easily, turn the jam dial towards you as you gently pull the paper out.
5. Open the face-up output tray. Pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit. If the paper jam can be cleared.
6. Open the jam clear cover. Pull the jammed paper out of the fuser unit.
7. Close the jam clear cover. Close the face-up output tray. If the paper jam still cannot be cleared, for HL-5130 and HL-5140 users go to Step 10, and for all other users go to the next step.
8. Pull the Duplex Tray completely out of the printer.
9. Pull the jammed paper out of the printer or the Duplex tray. Put the Duplex tray back into the printer.
10. Push the lock lever down and take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit assembly. Take out the jammed paper if there is any inside the drum unit.
11. Put the toner cartridge into the drum unit until you hear it lock into place. If you put it in properly, the lock lever will lift automatically.
12. Put the drum unit assembly back in the printer.
13. Put the paper tray in the printer.
14. Close the front cover.
Oct 19, 2010 |
Brother MFC-7440N Laser Printer