Question about Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
What this means is that it has "lost" the windows installation. Possibly corrupted and possibly a virus
The message you are getting is due to the laptop looking for an alternative boot device, the PXE refes to network boot, the last in the boot order.
What you need to do is obtain a copy of the Windows disc, borrow a USB CD Drive and re-install. When getting to the install windows prompt, let it "find " the windows installation and REPAIR
If you do not have a USB device, the following is your only other option:
Posted on Feb 09, 2011
Hard drive is not detected. Change the Boot sequence in BIOS
1. To access the BIOS you must tap F2 or delete key upon turning the computer on
2. Try to look for the Hard drive if it is detected by BIOS if not got to step 6
3. Look for Boot Sequence or anything that is associated Boot
4. The Order boot of must be 1st: DVD Drive, 2nd: Hard drive, 3rd: Network etc.
5. Save the changes and Restart
6. If you still get the same message I suggest that you take out the hard drive and put it back in until it is detected in BIOS
7. If Step 6 did not work I think you need to replace the Hard drive
Thanks for Choosing
Posted on Jun 16, 2011
First - re-seat the harddisk and reboot the computer. If the computer does not boot up then reboot andgo into the BIOS configuration to see if the BIOS detects the hard drive. If itdoesn't detect the hard drive then it could be faulty.
Then the hard drive needsto be replaced in the computer/laptop, Windows installed and the computer orlaptop's device drivers plus your programs etc. to get a functioningcomputer/laptop again.
Posted on May 10, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2015 | Toshiba MK6465GSX) 640 GB SATA II Hard...
Aug 28, 2014 | Acer Aspire V3-771-6833 17.3" Notebook PC
Jun 17, 2014 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Mar 18, 2014 | Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
Feb 28, 2013 | Toshiba MK3259GSX 320GB SATA300 5400RPM...
May 17, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Apr 24, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5602WLMI Notebook
1,040 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: