- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Make sure the pressure regulator located on the gas line is functioning correctly. If there's any orange color in the flame it's possible the regulator is malfunctioning. Another reason may be the gas/air mixture ring may be clogged with spilled matter covering it which would restrict the air entering the burner .
If you are cooking with propane or natural gas, you may need a new regulator for your range, the black soot is most likely too much gas being used to make the flame. But, as for the soot on the bottom of your pans, try letting the pan soak in a mixture of baking soda and water, then attack it with a brillo pad. Hope this helps!
You don't have the right Gas to Air ratio..... Not enough air to the burners or you are running to low of gas pressure for propane... Propane takes a smaller orfice or operate than Natural Gas.....
You should have 10" of WC for Propane operation..
You will need a manometer to check it.
The flame should be a blue color with no yellow in it. There should be air shutters right at the orfice to each burners. You will have to play with the adjustment to get the best blue flame with no yellow in the flame.... Hope this helps.....
Are you using natural gas or propane (LP)? It sounds like you may need to change the orifice size on the gas lines going to each burner. If you are using LP and have the orifice set for Natural gas, the flames will burn higher and hotter, causing heavy soot. Under each burner, there should be a small nut with a hole in the center at the end of the gas line. The hole for Natural gas has a slightly larger diameter than one for LP. Your stove should have come with extra orifices as part of a conversion kit. Could this be the case? There's also another orifice in the main gas regulator in the back of the stove. Have you checked to see if the orifice for the regulator is set correctly? Does the oven burn hotter than usual with heavy soot, too? If you could please answer these questions first, I can give you better advice. Let me know...