Question about Fellowes DM15C Shredder
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
Get me the model and serial number or just call Fellowes direct. They will sell you the part.
If not. Call me with the information and I can order it for you.
Posted on Sep 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 20, 2014 | Shredder Office Equipment & Supplies
May 20, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 07, 2010 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 05, 2009 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
Jan 22, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 27, 2008 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
Feb 12, 2008 | Fellowes DM15C Shredder
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: