On calling, we can hear & see them. They see us, but no sound from us. The Skype message says it can not hear us, nor does the Test call. All was working until latest Skype update actioned.
Does the (or any) update change the settings, I suspect not, but since then lost Mic. On checking Mic, all is reported as working. I have now discovered that the E2500 webcam, says that the Mic is Muted. As I can not find out how the Mic can be switched, I arrive back at my update question, HELP. Many thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Friend can not hear us via Skype
If the mic is really been muted, do the following:
Start -> Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Voice [tab] -> In Voice Recording area press "Volume..." button -> check if "mute all" is unchecked and adjust the slider to proper position
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You are hear to clarify your doubts. Ritmo USB is a Voip phone with Skype support. You can make and receive calls from Skype calls. Kindly plug into your computer's USB port inorder to make Skype calls from Ritmo USB phone.
There are two obvious reasons (and a number of not-so obvious ones) for this.
1. Have you got your sound on (and adjusted properly) ? You might have your sound turned down or off on your PC or just within Skype. To test if your sound is working, try making a test call using the Skype test call facility.
2. Your friend's microphone may not be working, they may not have one or its sensitivity in Skype may be turned down or it may be 'muted'. Ask to check that her microphone is not muted. Ask her to make a test call on Skype and adjust her microphone sensitivity so that she can hear herself sensibly.
On my version of Skype the test call has appeared in 'contacts' but now it is accessible from the menu at the top left of the window from the call > audio settings menu/page. You can change your volume, microphone and speaker sensitivity settings on that page. You may have a different version of Skype of course.
When you get a call, a bar will appear on your screen saying answer, answer with video or decline. Press answer with video, and after a few seconds you friend will be able to see you as well as hear you.