Go to the official Canon website: www.usa.canon.com and redownload driver and MP Navigator. MP Navigator lets you choose the size of the scan you want. I was having the same problem and just fixed it today.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Scan the document using Canon PIXMA its very simple follow the mention below instruction to scan to document, picture & email.
Turn on the computer and thescanner.
Open the lid of the scanner andplace the photograph face down on the glass scanner bed. Close the scanner lid.
Click "Start" on the computer.Click "Programs." Double-click "ArcSoft Photostudio 5.5."
Click "File" after Arcsoft programopens. Click "Select Source." Click on the scanner model.
Click "File." Click "Acquire." Thescanner will begin to scan the photograph.
Click "Select Source." Click"Preview." A preview of the photograph will appear on the screen.
Drag the selection box to select theentire photo to scan or a portion of the photo. To crop the picture, click anddrag one corner of the selection box. Adjust the position of the photograph onthe scanner bed if the photo is on an angle.
Click "Scan" to begin the finalscan. The scanned photo will open in PhotoStudio editing window.
Click "File." Click "Save." A "Save Picture"dialog box will open. Type the name of the picture in the "File Name" field.Click on the arrow located on the "Save as Type" pull-down menu to choose theformat of photograph (JPEG or GIF are the usual formats for internet use).Click "Save." The photograph is now saved on your computer.
You have to check the printer in the control panel and make sure the printer is the default printer, not the fax or scanner. When you press print a window pops up that says which printer it is sending to, if it says fax or scanner you need to change to the printer.
I just did it then! With help from solution posted Feb 08 leave the acual scanner alone can be done from the computer. Steps:
1. Go to - start - control panel - printers & hardware - scanners.
2. Once inside the scanners folder just click once on the scanner icon (mine is called WIA Canon) so it is highlighted.
3. Then click on the toolbar 'File' > 'scan', then select the correct program from the list (mine was MP Navigator 2).
4. Use the MP Navigator program to select "scan photo/document", follow the instructions. At the bottom if the window that is open you can change the document type to PHOTO or DOCUMENT!
This is where the problem lies it is scanning the document as a photo which is why it is coming out as multiple documents.