Question about Sony BDPS770 BluRay Player
The unit is fixed in zone A. I want to change to REGION 4
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check these guys out; they offer a mod kit to unlock regions 1-6 for the BD 350
Located in the UK but world-wide shipping available
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Full procedure for a basic one-for-all remote this is the only way that this DVD player can be set to region free. You can also buy one ready programmed but this is too easy with the remote.
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic/set button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
7. Press 00189 (if your oneforall remote uses 4 digit or 3 digit codes, use less leading zeros)
8. Press 1 ( this sets it to key 1 - it flashes twice )
9. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
10. Press 994
11. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
12. Press 00255
13. Press 2 ( this sets it to key 2 - it flashes twice )
14. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
15. Press 994
16. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
17. Press 00095
18. Press 3 ( this sets it to key 3 - it flashes twice )
19. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
20. Press 994
21. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
22. Press 00221
23. Press 4 ( this sets it to key 4 - it flashes twice )
24. Hold the magic/set button until it flashes twice.
25. Press 994
26. Press Magic/Set Key (don't hold)
27. Press 00079
28. Press 5 ( this sets it to key 5 - it flashes twice )
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S550 region free:
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it. It should read "HOME" on the front panel.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The blue 24p light will start flashing on the front panel
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback
Posted on Dec 11, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 17, 2014 | Sony Bdp-s185 Blu-ray Disc Dvd Player...
Jan 28, 2014 | Toshiba D-VR3 DVD Recorder/VCR
Mar 22, 2013 | Sony Televison & Video
Dec 31, 2012 | Sony BDP-S390 Blu-ray Disc Player - 1080p...
Jan 14, 2011 | Sony BDP-S550 Blu-Ray Player
Aug 04, 2010 | Sony Televison & Video
Jun 16, 2009 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Feb 26, 2008 | Audiovox MMDV2
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: