Question about Gateway P-172S Notebook
I have some speakers connected to my laptop but how do I turn them on?
Go to the bottom of your toolbar on the right there is a little icon with a speaker. Right click on that and choose Playback Devices and choose what speakers you want by right clicking and enabling them. Thanks!
Posted on Jan 27, 2009
SOURCE: audio problem
The issue you are facing is due to the incompatability of the audio drivers on the notebook.
Follow the below steps:
Uninstall current audio driver form the notebook.
Then downlod the audio driver from the following link:
After downloading the file please extract the files to a folder on the desktop.
Follow the below steps to install the driver correctly:
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click Update driver.
3. Select not at this time, click on next and Select "Install from a list or specific location".
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse, Choose the location where you have saved the extracted folder.
8. Open the folder and choose the .inf file listed.
9. Ignore any errors you receive and proceed with the installation.
Posted on Sep 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2016 | Acer PC Laptops
Apr 16, 2013 | PC Laptops
Jan 11, 2013 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Aug 16, 2011 | Packard Bell Easy One II 3136 Notebook
Jan 23, 2011 | PC Laptops
Jan 10, 2011 | ASUS K52JRA1 Notebook
Jul 13, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 700M Notebook
Jun 21, 2009 | BenQ PC Laptops
Aug 01, 2008 | HP Smart Buy Notebook
May 23, 2008 | PC Laptops
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: