Question about Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load Washer/Dryer
It says its washin it washs a lil bit then gets stuck,then comes up with the code
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: error code f 05
An F-05 error message means that the pressure switch is jammed on empty or a problem with pump. The fault is associated with drain out (pump blocked or restricted in some way). Small panel at rear of machine reveals the pump, pull of the two pipes (Plastic clips hard to get off, slide them sideways), remove wire and unclip pump from base of machine by lifting locking tab and sliding to the left, pump can then easily be cleaned.
Posted on Sep 17, 2007
To exit the TEST mode, press and hold down the "Start/Cancel" button until ALL of the console lights light up. Press both "Start/Cancel" and On/Off buttons simultaneously until " dOFF " appears in the display. The default setting will now appear and the machine can be used normally.
Posted on Feb 07, 2008
Depending on which model you have ,there are 2 possible locations for the filter.
Check to see if there is a removable plastic panel at the botom front of washer, if there is then remove it and if there is a filter there , you will see it, unscrew the cover anti clockwise and clean same.
If no filter there then remove lower rear panel of washer,locate large black hose, and remove clip and hose from bottom of tub,be careful as there will be some water run out.
Remove plastic filter and ball ,clean and replace, and refit hose, making sure it is secured properly.
Test for leaks.
Plz rate my solution.
Posted on Jan 15, 2009
You will probably need to clean the pump filter.
To access the pump filter,remove the lower plastic panel at front of washer, there you will see the filter, unscrew the cover anti-clockwise, remove filter and clean.
This should clear the fault.
If it does not , let me know, and i can can tell you other things to look for.
Please rate my fixya solution.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
Ok - I will answer my own problem seeing as though I have now fitted it!
1. remove door (2 screws)
2. There is a tensioned wire loop holding the front part of the boot seal in position. - prize off the plastic cap at the 11 o'clock position, all will become clear and you will be able to remove the wire loop.
3. Remove top of washing machine (2 allen screws behind caps at the front.
4. Remove soap dispenser draw and any screws holding the front control panel and top of the door.
5. Remove bottom front plinth (just pull it off) underneath are a couple of screws holding the front panel part of the machine, remove these.
6. Remove front of machine giving you access to the steel band which locks the other end of the boot seal in position. Slacken this band right back using a nut-spinner screwdriver. Pull off the old boot and clean the lip ready for fitting of the new boot.
7. Fit new boot seal using a squirt of washing up liquid as lubricant if needed (mine didn't) to reseat the seal.
8. Refit and tension steel band.
9. Re-assemble front panel, ease boot back into front lip position then refit wire loop using a suitable pair of pliers/molegrips to crimp the retaining plastic cap back in situ.
Posted on Nov 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 13, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
Nov 04, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Apr 22, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Mar 16, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Oct 26, 2008 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Apr 27, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 03, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA56 Front Load Washer
Sep 17, 2007 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD640 Front Load...
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: