Question about HP Officejet Pro L7780 All-In-One InkJet Printer
I'm having a problem with my printer continually coming up with this error. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it, it's just whenever it feels like it. When it prints everything is fine then it comes up with this error out of the blue.
I figured out the problem with my printer. If none of your ink cartridges are detected (missing) then follow the install steps below.
1. Turn on printer
2. After printer declares cartridges missing open the printer and remove the cartridges (advise putting a piece of paper under the cartridges to catch any ink that spills).
3. Turn off the printer (keep the top of the printer open)
4. Turn on the printer (still with the top of the printer open)
5. After the printer declares the cartridges missing again install the cartridges (while the printer is powered on). Close the top of the printer.
6. The printer should begin to cycle the ink into the printer and back out to the ink reservoirs.
7. After the ink cycle the printer should display genuine ink cartridges are installed
8. Make sure paper is in the tray so the printer can perform an alignment.
9. Everything should be ok after that.
Posted on Oct 09, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Receiving the message
The message you are getting may be due to the following reasons :
1) Cause : One or more ink cartridges missing.
Solution : Remove and reinsert the ink cartriges and verify that they are fully inserted and locked in place.
2) Cause : One or more of the ink cartriges are not installed or are installed incorrectly.
Solution : Remove and reinsert the ink cartriges and verify that they are fully inserted and locked in place. If the problem persists, clean the copper-colored contacts of the ink cartriges.
Posted on Nov 24, 2009
Same problem with me.
I openede the whole box ( 4 screws ) in the corners. Then I presed the tiny belt on the left side to its socket, cleaned the contacts of the cartridges (56,57) with water and made them dry.
Then I reched the position of the small door which is ment to be opened once you wnat to replace the cartridge.
After this the printer works again.
Posted on Jun 25, 2008
1. clean the ink cartridge contacts both in the printer and the cartridge with a lint free cloth or a cotton swab. and try inserting the ink cartridges again. if it wont work proceed to step 2.
2. unplug the power cord at the back of the printer
3. press and hold # and 3 keys at the same time and plug the power cord back in. Do not release the two keys. wait until the printer would say "partial nvram reset" or anything that says "reset". if this still would not resolve the problem
4. do the same process as 2 & 3 but instead of # and 3 try # and 6. instead of saying "partial nvram reset" it should say "semi-full nvram reset". and if it would not work better go to an onsite technician. but if your printer if brand new return it to the retailer and exchange it. but before you do that try calling HP technician they would instruct you to the things i have given you. Just tell them what you have had done and asked them to replace the ink cartridges. This are the informations the agent would ask you about the ink cartridge
part number and also the expiration date.
try to ask for a replacement first if it would not resolve it. then go to a technician. I could not assure you that a technician could fix it because i have troubleshoot this kind of problems and there are alot of printer parts that needs to be fixed. Usually i suggest my clients to buy a new printer instead
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
I have the same problem, but only with an original HP OEM cartridge that replaces the generic (which worked fine but is empty- if I put it in the error goes away- but can
t print because it is empty)
Posted on Dec 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 25, 2016 | HP Officejet 7500A Multifunction Printer
Jun 03, 2017 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Nov 04, 2011 | HP Photosmart B8550 Photo InkJet Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6380 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 26, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
May 18, 2009 | HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Laser...
Sep 18, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Printer
619 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!