Question about Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
I can not play many games because It always says disc read error.
This is probably a result because somehow the discs got scratched, or are dirty. This could of happened by moving the console with a disc in it, or maybe just touching the "silver" part of the disc. Or, this may be happening because the reading device of this console is a little dirty, or it could just be a internal error
Posted on Jan 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: playstation 2 slim repair
There are a couple of things that you can try. The main issue is there is a problem with the laser, try to clean the lens of the drive. If this does not work, then you laser is bad. You'll have replacement with new laser.
Posted on Oct 30, 2007
I had a similar problem. My PS3 was not starting the game discs when I
inserted those to the PS3. Also those game discs were not visible in the
I did not have problems with the normal movie DVDs or Movie Blu Rays. Those were working fine.
Actually I was able to start the game disc with a special trick, which required start some application, such as a downloaded game, let it start, and then hit the PS home button. The game disc title then shows up under the game menu and from that point remains viewable until the disc is ejected or the console is turned off.
In case you have the similar problem, I was able to fix this problem by executing the following steps;
The PS3 has a special Recovery Menu, which you can access in the following way;:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
The current Recovery Menu supports:
• Restart System: Restarts the PLAYSTATION 3 System.
• Restore Default Settings: Reset all system settings back to default.
• Restore File System: Checks for corrupt/missing system files.
• Rebuild Database: Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.
• Restore PS3 System: Fresh restore; Deletes everything and starts from Scratch.
• System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System
Select option "Rebuild Database".
After the PS3 has executed this DB rebuilding operation, the disc games will be visible again under the game menu and are also starting automatically when inserted to the PS3.
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 15, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 03, 2009 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
Dec 02, 2008 | Crave Entertainment Clubworld for...
Feb 05, 2008 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!