I have an Acer Aspire 5536. The graphics card appears not able to play movies very well. It jumps and skips a lot when watching movies. The picture may freeze and the picture may stay moving of vica versa....
i think problem lies not with video card but with program which you are using. most probably you have too many programs loading on startup, vista is an os from hell and is not handling priorites very well, but try these solutions:
1. streamline your boot-up to only necessary programs, remove all auto-starting on boot-up like messenger, yahoo, adobe, skype, office and what else what you have, leave only and only what is necessary to run your computer. these program should start only and only when you need them!
2. run ccleaner or similar, remove all rubbish from your computer and streamline your registry as well
3. use "decent" and lightweight video/dvd player, one of the better ones will be free vlc player
4. if you have less than 2gb ram, increase your ram to 2gb
5. if you can afford, upgrade to win7 of same "flavour" as your current vista...
i actually on my own computers disable screen saver when i am watching movies, some savers are very intrusive.
Jul 30, 2010 |
Computers & Internet