Try reinstalling the X4270 drivers. You can find them HERE
You can also try a clean boot/install. Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot/install" may
resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to
eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
2. Open the Windows Control Panel.
3. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
Locate the listing for the keyboard/mouse software and remove it. When
prompted to remove the keyboard/mouse drivers files, click Yes.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot' in Windows XP:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the downloaded software. Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hopefully, you should not have any problem now.
If you have a different OS, say Vista, etc,please post back and I will provide the appropriate steps.
Hope that helps!
If your issue is
not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as
to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as
best I can. I am here at your service.
- You can rate a solution with one of four
ratings as explained under (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue
may be necessary to resolve an issue).
- The solution provides great advice on how to solve the problem.
- The solution provides useful leads that helps solve the problem.
for Trying" - The solution does not solve the problem but the
effort is appreciated.
- The solution has absolutely nothing to do with the problem.
Thank you for using FIXYA!