I have an old UPS Model # BK200C that was never used after purchase 10 years ago. When I plug the power cord into an outlet then flip the power switch the I/O switch light is lit. Does that mean the unit and battery is still operable? Can the unit still operate as a decent surge suppressor if I remove the battery without replacing?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Take the tv back cover apart,check the tv power supply board,that the board where the power a/c cord plug into it.Check all over the power supply board,for dying parts call capacitors.The dying capacitors are alway bulging or puffing ups on it tops.U have all the tools and understanding basic electronic also can do basic soldering?Yes.Repalces all those dying capacitors,with new capacitors with same Micro Ferid but the voltages higher like 5 or 10 voltges for better heat resistance.Or tries websites like Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a whole refurbish power supply board for the replacement.
These models were discontinued several years ago and it is possible that the batteries are dead from age.
If it is this model type that you like, you may want to purchase a corded model instead. Corded model simply plug into the wall and run from the cord. You will find this type at shaveroutlet.com. See link below
what is the issue mainboard or your UPS pwoer supply
the power supply has battery (1 or 2) depending on the UPS model
if the battery is over 3 years old , its time to replace it
what is the UPS model number , manufaturer ?
what si the mainboard moidel number
whats computer are you using , model number ?
have you attempte dto plug the computer directly into the (wall) AC outlet ? if its not poweing on, perhaps your computer power supply is not working and needs replacing ?
No power could be a broken wire in the power cord, usually near the plug end. It could also be the switch, or the motor brushes. More rare is a broken wire in the motor or the saw case. Hope this helps!
Yes, but the battery may not be any good, though, and trying to charge it may damage the charger. A new battery is about $20. The surge suppressor will still work without the battery as long as it is connected to a properly grounded 3-wire circuit. If you decide to take a chance and charge the old battery, take precautions like keeping a watch on it should it explode or catch fire. Not trying to scare you, just looking at worst case scenario.
I have the same problem.
It is most likely the battery.
I tested my battery on a Shumacher trickle charger, and the battery wouldn't hold a charge.
This is a common problem with UPS systems that use sealed lead acid batteries.
The longest life that you can expect with these types of batteries is 5 years MAX.
The battery can be replaced with a Radio Shack 12V/7200mAh Lead-Acid Battery
Model: CNB-GP1270F2 | Catalog #: 23-9030
Here is the link for the UPS users manual.
To replace battery, (unplug AC cord), turn the UPS upside down on floor or workbench.
Remove the 6 deeply recessed phillips screws, then pull the bottom off.
Remove the wire leads from the old battery (pull on the connectors, not
the wires). Install new battery (red wire to red or + sign) and replace
the bottom and screws. Careful, tighten the screws finger tight
(plastic strips easily).
Plug in UPS and you should be good to go.
Hope this helps