Question about HEWLETT-PACKARD Computers & Internet
New battery installed
Posted by Anonymous on
Laptop plugged in not charging:
1. Take the battery out of the laptop & try to turn on the laptop using power adapter only. If the computer turns on, then the battery is defective & needs to be replaced.
2. Make sure the power adapter is not defective. Test the output voltage of the power adapter using a voltmeter. Compare the voltmeter reading to the nominal value written on the adapter or the laptop.
3. Make sure the DC jack is not loose or broken. A loose DC jack will need to be re-soldered. A broken one will need to be replaced.
4. If you have another processor which is compatible with your laptop's model, try swapping processors & test to see if the laptop will work.
5. The power button could be bad
6. The motherboard could be defective & needs to be replaced.
Posted on Jan 23, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 08, 2014 | 2002 Kia Spectra
Mar 03, 2012 | Motorola Mobility T505 Handsfree...
Jan 14, 2011 | Nikon Coolpix S3000 Digital Camera
Nov 25, 2010 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Nov 10, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5050-3242 Notebook
Oct 28, 2009 | iRiver H320 MP3 Player
Sep 09, 2008 | Compaq Presario Notebook
Aug 22, 2008 | Vector 20 Million Power Series Spotlight
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert