Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The cartridge is pretty new and the printer was working fine till last week. I just move to a different corner in the same room and the strange noise started.
May be your cartidge penium is broken or printer internal penium broken.
Posted on Jan 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
just inspect your printer's front cover.there r two plastic stick which is attached with the printer cover.this two stick hit the two particular point.
1.power switch conector(left side corner)
2. scanner sensor conector(right side middle)
i think your left side stick may be broke try it.
Posted on Feb 20, 2008
SOURCE: Lexmark E232 photoconductor
Make sure to install the new photoconductor 1st.
1) Power off the printer using the switch in the back.
2) Open the front cover.
3) Press and hold the Continue button (Big silver button with Diamond shape symbol) and power the printer On (turn the switch back to ON).
4) When you see the last light i.e. error light on solid, release the Continue button and close the front cover.
5) When you close the cover you will see all the top 3 lights on solid.
6) Press the cancel button with X symbol for 4 times very slowly till you see toner low light (i.e. second light from top) on solid.
7) Press the continue button and wait until you see the light sequence.
8) Press the cancel button and wait until you see the light sequence.
9) Finally power off the printer using the switch in the back (IMPORTANT= wait 1 minute) and power it back on to exit the configuration mode.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
TM 220a and TM 220b should come with auto cutters
You have to unscrew the metal tab under the printer, you will find two sets of DIP switches. upper one is DWS 1 and the lower one is DWS 2. On DWS 2 you need to have jumper #2 ON. this enables or activates the auto cutter on printers. Good luck...
Posted on Jul 04, 2009
Yup. I suspect the head has been removed from the unit. There are adjustments on some printers. It was assembled wrong. The grating noise is likely the auto cleaner. If it cannot go 'home' the unit will not initialize. Possibly the head detect sensor is broken or covered. If the head will not home (moves out and back more than once or slams home hard), 'Init Unable AF'. You may be able to order a service manual from Brother for this. A repair shop can order the manual as well. (I suspect you need a new print head as well. You might want to replace the printer) see tips on bubblejet printers.
Posted on Mar 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP1300 Printer
Mar 04, 2011 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
May 20, 2010 | Samsung ML1740 Laser Printer
Mar 09, 2010 | Lexmark X5650 ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER
Dec 13, 2008 | HP DeskJet 5650 InkJet Printer
Oct 07, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 4215 All-In-One InkJet...
If the entire page is light, the print resolution setting is too light or Toner Save Mode is on. Adjust the print resolution and Toner Save Mode in the printer properties.
Make sure TONER SAVE MODE is NOT ENABLED!
Sep 05, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2008 | Samsung ML 2010 Laser Printer
Jun 20, 2008 | HP Officejet 5610 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 25, 2007 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!