Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
The fwd light comes on when you insert paper and it wont take the paper through shredder
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The optics are OK!
There is a small electromagnetic sensor on the cuttershaft which senses the input load.
I could be maladjusted or defective.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
I had the same problem with my Novitech Model: PS-026/B2 only working in reverse but not forward. So I decided to take it apart and see if I could find any loose wires, broken parts etc. Keep in mind I am not a paper shredder mechanic, but I was able to fix it, at least for the time being, and here is how:
1. Unplug the machine, and I mean it. Make sure you unplug the machine before you start any fixin'. Unplug the machine!
2. I unscrewed the 7 screws located at the bottom of the case
3. I carefully separated the cases and made sure I did not allow any tension on the few wires that span the case halves
4. With the can of electronics duster I use for my computer keyboard, I sprayed all of the electric contacts, making sure I did not spray any of the grease at the gears. I poked the straw in all of the switch housings and the motor.
5. If you feel a little adventurous, you can remove the 6 screws that hold the cover and safety switch in place. At this point pay attention to how the safety switch arm is positioned ( take a picture if you have to) so it will be in the correct position during assembly. Remove the cover and look for anything that could be caught in the shredders. Remove any foreign matter with tweezers or needle nose pliers. Replace the safety switch and cover, make sure the switch arm is in the same position before you took it apart.
6. Put the two case halves together making sure there are no wires pinched inbetween. Put the seven screws back where they belong and tighten snugly ( do not over tighten cause you will break the plastic, guaranteed!)
7. Place the machine on the waste bucket and plug it in. And voila the motor should start buzzing and humming like it was brand new.
Posted on Mar 22, 2009
SOURCE: Shredder won't shred any more.
I have the Infoguard SX100M Axeus, sold by Staples.
Only the reverse was working, UNPLUG and open back cover, the paper mechanical switch was working fine, red side switch, the gears and fuse were all ok, I think something on the circuit board was fried.
I switched the BLACK and WHITE wires with each other going to the shredder motor, thus when I switched it to reverse, it would go foward and shred. Its working now, only in reverse.
Posted on Mar 28, 2009
there are two switches under the cutter area. 1 for sensing when your basket is full, (sometimes these bin-full flaps get stuck in the up position, energizing the switch) and the other is a switch that detects if your basket is installed. fellowes has modified these shredders so many times, that there are alot of different configurations. look for something that resembles a flap under the head and make sure its in the down position. as for the basket sensor, some baskets had 2 projections on the left and right top of basket. one may be broke. if so, you can "cheat" the switch with a screwdriver to see if thats the problem.
Posted on Apr 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 27, 2017 | Staples Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 28, 2016 | Staples Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 21, 2016 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 19, 2016 | Staples TXC122ACC Cross-Cut Shredder; 12...
Jul 30, 2014 | Industrial Paper Shredders Office...
Dec 10, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 05, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 03, 2011 | Staples Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 10, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Apr 21, 2009 | Cross Infoguard Shredder SX102M
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!