My gold Razr3 will not turn on with a new battery or charger
Phone will not turn on. I tried buying a new battery and using the charger. It has never been dropped before. I started using a Jawbone 2 earpiece about two weeks before this happened, if that has anything to do with it. Any answers? I have had the phone for two years in May. Cingular will not let me upgrade even though I have been with them for more than 12 years.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If your sure the charger is the right one and works,1 take the battery out and cleaned it and the compartment with a dry cloth giving it a quick vaccoum wont hurt to remove any dust. also the metal connections should be a light gold coloor if they are blackend they are worn/ burnt out. youl be better of either replacing the battery or buying a new phone. (see below)
2 is the slot where the charger connects clear and clean... give it a quick go with the vaccum to to remove any dust..
Failing that that take the charger back to the shop with your phone if the shop is anyway decent they will test both the battery and phone to see where the problem is
1) Is your charger / adapter working OK ? Most of the time, an adatper or charger contains a red or green LED, showing it's active, when inserted in the wall-outlet (110 / 240 V AC). In some cases, this LED will emit light, only when the mobile phone is connected. If this doesn't happen, you might consider buying a new(er) charger for your mobile phone.
2) Is battery charged ? No further discussion / c;arification needed.
3) Does phone contain an old(er) battery ? If the mobile phone is used for a longer time or used intensely, the battery might be "worn out". A battery is able to be charged, but will show it's limits, because of it's maximum usage. With this I mean, they can be charged a maximum amount of times. If you even use a quick-charger, the battery may suffer more, resulting in a less longer lifetime. In such case you can replace your battery, by simply ordering / buying a new battery for your mobile phone.
First, the battery is drained, therefore any effort to turn it on will turn out abortive. Connect the charger to the phone and leave it for about 30 minutes to see if it will charge. If it does not charge then it means there is a problem.
The problem is most likely from either the charger, the battery or the phone. You need to diagnose each of them to know where the problem is from. To diagnose them you need to test them on other devices in order to know where the problem is from. First test the charger on another phone to know if it works. Then insert the battery into another phone and try to charge, remember the battery is drained and need some minutes to boost before indicating a charge, then finally, try another battery and charger to know if it will work.
Which ever does not work of the charger and battery need to be replaced, but for the phone, it is the connection port that need to be fixed if it does not work.
Sounds like either a bad battery or bad charger. If company wont replace and you definately want to use this phone...buy a new charger and see if thats the prob...if not, try a new battery using the new charger. If neither solves the prob you have 2 choices... 1. Send to Nokia for repair or 2. Chunk it and buy a new phone. Good Luck!
The problem is your charge port on the phone. I've already had to have mine replaced and my daughters due to this issue. My girlfriends son had this phone to and has had his replaced twice already.
It is not entirely the charger! The problem is the phone port. The rep at alltel told me this phone is the most problematic phone they sell due to this issue!
Have the phone replaced under warranty if its under a year old, otherwise hope you have your insurance!
Other things to consider before having it replaced:
Backup your contact list! They cannot transfer it for you to the new phone when the port is bad and you cannot save your contacts to an SDcard either.
If you have any music, pictures etc, get the microSD card and back them all up to that so that you don't lose them either. Just don't buy the card from alltel, they want twice as much for it as you can get it for from Walmart/BestBuy etc..
Hope this help any of you out here from experiencing the pains that I've gone through with it..