Question about Televison & Video
After DVD is loaded screen says no disc- will read music cds but only few dvds are played successfully
Have a detailed answer on wiki.answers under how to fix a dvd player. My conclusion is : 1. If the cd or dvd player won't start a disc (might display 'no disc')
open the box and get good access to the laser lens (quite easy in many
models). Clean the lens with an ear-bud (q-tip) and add some alcohol (I
used after shave) on to aid the clean if there are still reading
problems. Persevere with cleaning before trying option 2.
2. If it's selectively rejecting certain dvd's (and the problem might have become worse with time) consider ever-so-slightly bending the fine wires that suspend the lens over the laser, in an upward direction. Be very careful and read all the observations above first (on Wiki).
Posted on Jan 20, 2013
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I just filed a complaint with Better Business Bureau against Samsung. Would anyone be interested in joining me in the complaint?
Posted on Jan 05, 2008
Sounds like either a dirty or weak laser/lens. Pls try cleaning with a CD disc cleaner or manually using cotton buds (if the eye is accessible).
Just a start, do postback how things turned up or should you need additional information. Good luck and Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
To solve this Code 10 error, follow these instructions: NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.
1) Close all open programs
2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders
6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
7) Reboot your computer
8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives havereturned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that theyellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.
Posted on Apr 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 03, 2009 | Samsung DVD-HD850 DVD Player
Jan 14, 2009 | Televison & Video
Jul 20, 2008 | LG Televison & Video
Feb 20, 2008 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Apr 01, 2007 | Audiovox D1812 Portable DVD Player
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: